Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good folk on the USA gm-volt.com forum have done this so I thought it would be a good idea if we had one for the UK. I have made it separate so we can do our own thing and add extra stuff without it affecting the guys in the USA.

So, why not add yourself to this Google map of UK Ampera Owners? Don't add the marker precisely at your address unless you want to but somewhere nearby would be fine, perahps in the middle of your town or local area would be close enough. It is not to show your address, just roughly where you are that is all.

The map is at : http://goo.gl/maps/FOco

You will need a Google account to add yourself to the map but most people nowadays have one but you can easily get one free just by signing up. If you have a Gmail account or use Google+ then you already have one. If you don't want an account but still want to be on the map just send your details to me privately (PM here or by email) and I will add you.

Instructions are included in the map description but if you have any problems just ask here.

Please remember to include the details of your car (Model, Colour etc) and current miles and Lifetime mpg. These can be updated whenever you wish.

Opel Ampera and Chevrolet Volt owners are welcome too but please only add yourself if you are in the UK or nearby Europe otherwise it will get a bit out of control ;) The folks in the USA are encouraging everyone worldwide to add to their map which is great but this one I would like to keep local so that we can use it in our own way. I hope that doesn't sound unfriendly...

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have added myself to both.

The reason I want a separate one for the UK is that I want to use it for different things later and I don't think you would be happy with me messing around with your one Scott.

I want to use it for meet ups, possibly to show some charging options that perhaps aren't on normal maps elsewhere, things that aren't going to be USA relevent.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Tried to add my details to the owners map this evening on the iPad but it doesn't work, no editing ability on google maps in the safari browser...I'll do it when I get back on the Windows Pc...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
hopbackguy said:
Tried to add my details to the owners map this evening on the iPad but it doesn't work, no editing ability on google maps in the safari browser...I'll do it when I get back on the Windows Pc...
Done!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Dave Mathers said:
There doesnt seem to be any owners north of nottingham
I know of one who is not on the map, he does list himself on this forum as Buxton, its only a fraction north of Nottingham.
There is a dealer in Sheffield so I presume there are users around there too.
I'm sure there are plenty of owners who do not use the internet enough to turn up at these sort of sites.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has been a while since we were reminded that there is a Google Map of Ampera owners so I am bumping this thread.

The map is at : http://goo.gl/maps/FOco

If you are already on the map, how about checking your details and updating them with your latest miles and mpg figures?

If you have an Ampera/Volt and are not yet on the map you can add yourself easily and quickly by following the instructions at the top left of the map page. Just go to the page and all will be clear.

If anyone has any problems... just say and I will help if I can.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Do you think it would it be worth adding the dealer locations to the map (different colour pins obviously)? Or would it just make it too crowded?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Updated my details :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Paul

I spent a long time on the IPad looking for that EDIT button which just didn't exist. Went to the Mac and sure enough there it was. I thought I should mention this in case others have the same problem and start loosing hair as I was with my daughter repeatedly saying "user error!".

Clive

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for that Clive. My wife has an iPad and she is often finding sites or web functionality that doesn't work on the iPad. They are great devices in a lot of ways but compatibility is not one of the iPad's strong points.

Thanks for letting everyone know :)

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
With quite a lot of new Ampera owners recently I thought I would add myself to the map which then bumps this thread as well.

Derek

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Added myself in there now too :)

Reactions: Paul
1 - 20 of 30 Posts