Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if I bought an absolute standard M3 (£38,500 after discounts so above £40,000 list price) I presume I'm liable for the luxury car tax for 5 years? I presume if I add a colour to paint or different wheels then definitely?
Thanks for advice!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Just wondered if I bought an absolute standard M3 (£38,500 after discounts so above £40,000 list price) I presume I'm liable for the luxury car tax for 5 years? I presume if I add a colour to paint or different wheels then definitely?
Thanks for advice!
You're reading the price wrong - all M3's are above 40k regardless of which options you press - so the luxury tax is applicable to all M3's.

·
Registered
160 Posts
To be fair he did say "so above £40,000 list price" which is reading it correctly. I'd blissfully forgotten about the luxury tax as I haven't paid it yet (collected car in August), so that's something to look forward to in a few months.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
If Tesla are deducting the Gov's £3500 before publishing list prices, you need to add it back on for LCT purposes.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
To be fair he did say "so above £40,000 list price" which is reading it correctly. I'd blissfully forgotten about the luxury tax as I haven't paid it yet (collected car in August), so that's something to look forward to in a few months.
I've just collected my M3 and wondered when this "Luxury Tax" was paid. So it is year end rather than when you purchase it then?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
This is a very difficult thing to say considering the subject is tax but after driving it for three days.......it is actually worth it! ?

I just hope we have a year for someone to rethink it on EV's.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Darn it! It's £2000 over the threshold for the most basic M3 without options then. Might as well add a colour!
I did! Red SR+ with a tow bar. :D

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
901 Posts
Very Nice to know. Has this been covered in other threads? Probably should be.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Think that not retrospective though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts