Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from vauxhall that there will be 24 UK dealers of the Ampera initially with other dealers training up to be service centres later.

Which dealers they are will be announced officially in 7-10 days time according to vauxhall. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is it just me or is news comming out of Vauxhall at the speed of an asthmatic slug with a broken leg?

The above said 7-10 days about 3 weeks ago...

Does anyone have any news ? The last I heard was that they we're trying to sort out administrative processes...

Cheers

g

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard the same as you through an email which presumably went out to all the ePioneers.

Info has been very limited from Vauxhall right from the start. I registered with Nissan for my Nissan Leaf about 4 months before it was launched and I had a lot of info from them in that time. There are times I wonder if they have dropped the whole idea!

Then we got the test drive a few weeks ago but that was at fairly short notice and it is only good luck that we could attend that.

I guess they must be waiting a bit longer as a result of the Volt fires... that is the only reason I can think of.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I think they have plenty of other issues besides the volt fires.. like whether to include the sat-nav (as all other EV's do) or charge extra for it.. bare in mind the screen is included and the GPS is builtin (for onstar) so its literally only the nav software that they need to add...
and what to do with Onstar! the mobile app for the volt is great being able to remotely monitor charge state and to remote warm up the car.. but onstar does not operate in the UK so we are unlikely to get any service unless they can set something up rapidly.. (we will still have to pay for all the hardware as its built-in!)...

There are still many issues to sort out.. but Vauxhall do appear to be crap at communicating with the customers... (can I just assume that's a Vauxhall thing?) I wonder if they know that some e-pioneers are only in it for the tech, not the Vauxhall name.. and that others are arriving in 2012 too. I wonder how well Volvo communicate...

·
Registered
39 Posts
At the risk of repeating my self ...

Has anyone heard anything recently?

I understand that I'm going to sound a bit funny ... But we are prepared to pay 30k for this car - however at the moment I'm beginning to feel a little un-loved, I'm not asking for the world, just an odd e-mail every now and again its not very difficult to run a mail-merge and send out a "Hi how are you all?" email just to keep us in the loop.

cheers

g

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
g, I am feeling the same. There has been precious little contact to date but now they have delayed the date when we can place a firm order you would expect them to be falling over backwards trying to keep us interested.

I have heard nothing since that email saying there would be a delay.

Anyone else heard anything?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, on Friday I spoke to someone from Vauxhall (I called them - followed a voicemail chain until i found someone) and expressed my deep dis-satisfaction at the frequency and quality of communications that are coming from them with regards to the car. I was assured that my comments would be fed back to those above...

So we will wait and see what comes next...
cheers

g

·
Registered
30 Posts
I notice that Vauxhall dealerships came bottom of the 2013 Which survey for quality of customer care.....for the second year running! That is pretty much my experience with Pentagon Sheffield, they promise one thing and do quite another.

·
Registered
86 Posts
From my experience, no interest, no care and not bothered one iota, what Vauxhall have got to realise is that we are driving their future, customer service is everything these days and whilst the product is a dream the after sales is a nightmare!

Gary
Still having fun
@29000 miles
94.6 mpg

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,443 Posts
I think the dealers have become too big. I used to prefer buying from a small dealership where you got to know the customer contact staff whether it was sales or service and if I would have been able to buy the Ampera from the same place as my Corsa I would have, unfortunately it closed down and Dunfermline is left without a Vauxhall dealership. Anytime I was in the Perth dealership I got the impression they were just interested in selling a car they had in stock or could get a hold of quickly. Time will tell how I get on with Edinburgh.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
taylorgx said:
... what Vauxhall have got to realise is that we are driving their future, customer service is everything these days and whilst the product is a dream the after sales is a nightmare
None of the manufactures have realised this and tbh, I don't think they are bothered or care about that. In fact, I suspect that in spite of all the hype and PR that they don't really like EVs much. certainly some of dealers have said as much and I suspect even more think it without actually saying it. Remember... car dealers are all bout selling. Nothing else really matters. Even good customer service is only there to encourage more sales. Perhaps I am being a little cynical here but in essence I belive that is how it is at most dealers. Sure, there will be exceptions but they are exceptions and not the rule IMO.

Dealers and manufactures will turn on to EVs when they start to make them money.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I have found the Vauxhall dealer in Swindon to be pretty good. The ambience is not up to Lexus standards (my previous car) but they have always been helpful and efficient.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Yeah, the naff coffee that you have to pay for is an example of the lack of ambience i mentioned. They do at least have free wifi :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The one at Marsh Barton, Exeter seems to be the nearest for Somerset. Other than that, it's Swindon or Branksome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts