Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
@Biffa Maybe since they installed the Tilburg test track.

Prior to that my understanding was the cars had final testing /QC in Fremont the motor(s) and battery removed, before the "glider" was shipped with "transit" subframes.

I could never work out if the motor the car was born with was the same as the one it got given when it hit Tilburg. I'm guessing not.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
From the Tesla Support website today:

When will Model 3 deliveries begin in Great Britain?
First deliveries are scheduled to begin in July 2019, and will be prioritized based on reservation date, delivery location and configuration options.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys!

So I ordered my model 3 today!

What I’m confused about is.... what is the advantage of being a reservation holder??

I’ve held a reservation since 2017 looks like we get it in June and anyone who orders one off the street gets it in July!!!

If anyone needs a link to get 5000 free supercharging miles, feel free to use Free Supercharger Miles

Thanks
Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
From the Tesla Support website today:

When will Model 3 deliveries begin in Great Britain?
First deliveries are scheduled to begin in July 2019, and will be prioritized based on reservation date, delivery location and configuration options.
The configurator still says June. Nice and clear as usual.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anyone taken delivery of a long range recently with white interior and the 19 inch wheels, im still waiting and its approaching my 3 year anniversary since reservation. Really frustrating not hearing anything

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone taken delivery of a long range recently with white interior and the 19 inch wheels, im still waiting and its approaching my 3 year anniversary since reservation. Really frustrating not hearing anything
I had the very same order, but decided to switch to an inventory P+. Tesla told me (last week) they were 'hoping' to begin larger scale delivers of 19"'s from November, however, could not be more precise. They also said 19"s were discontinuing for the UK, hence they've been holding back all 19" orders to fulfill in one go, rather than one-by-one. I appreciate and shared your frustration (reserved Apr 16 and ordered on 1st May) but am now very happy indeed with my P+

·
Registered
44 Posts
Louis0w
Thank you for your reply that at least gives me a bit of reassurance that I haven't been forgotten. Hopefully i may get a update soon. Enjoy your car

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I had the very same order, but decided to switch to an inventory P+. Tesla told me (last week) they were 'hoping' to begin larger scale delivers of 19"'s from November, however, could not be more precise. They also said 19"s were discontinuing for the UK, hence they've been holding back all 19" orders to fulfill in one go, rather than one-by-one. I appreciate and shared your frustration (reserved Apr 16 and ordered on 1st May) but am now very happy indeed with my P+
This is not true, some 19s have been delivered

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
This issue makes no sense to me.

Plenty of punters are willing to pay a grand or so for an easy to fit option that costs the manufacturer an extra 50 quid per wheel.

Just look at the hilarious mark-up on 21s for a model S at 4 grand or so.

Mental. Maybe Tesla don't need $$$ after all.

Or maybe it's a clever ploy to upsell Performance models as SR+ on 19s looks very similar?

121 - 135 of 135 Posts