Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3445 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put UK in the title as I'm unsure if Speak EV is a UK or international forum.

I'm trying going to decide when to put my deposit down on an M3.
It will be an SR+ unless someone can do the deal of the century an a pcp LR.

What delivery dates are people getting. Last time I was in a showroom they said deliveries were looking more lime Aug onwards. I'm guessing Tesla will do the usual and supply LR and P models first so SR+ delivery dates will be a little later on or even into next year. Is engine being given the sane date when ordering?

Cheers guys.
Des

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
No one has an actual delivery date yet.

As far as we can tell there is only a handful (300-400) RHD cars been manufactured so far.

A boat's-worth manufactured next week would get delivered end of June at best (more likely flowing into July based on service centre capacity), and that'd probably only contain orders already placed.

Assuming they don't do two consecutive UK boats (I haven't seen evidence of enough orders that'd warrant that), I'd guess that you're looking at least August for a SR ordered now.

We're all just guessing though :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Here you go Des
UK delivery dates
Website still says June even if you order right now.

Ordered my with a reservation on the 1st and fully expect it to be ready before the end of June, early July at the latest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ordered sr+ on a reservation placed on 6th April 2016. Checked just now and the delivery date is June(realistically not expecting it until August..but hoping!)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Missed this post. I did a quick scroll down before post I got as well.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
June delivery for most seems unlikely despite what they say on the website. Actually says July in the FAQs!! If Tesla are trying to hit deliveries by the end of June to boost their quarterly figures they are going to have to register all the vins and get the cars made early next week. It would seem more likely to build them beginning of the next quarter and give themselves plenty of time to deliver before the end of that quarter. Just hope its sooner rather than later, from tomorrow stuck in a borrowed 10 year old Astra until they arrive.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm still going to disagree with most people here and say most of the orders will be delivered in June with some leaking over into early July. We've heard that from a tesla employee (I can't find the exact quote right now) plus all of the numbers add up. We're up to about 4000-4500 orders right now which fills up at least one ship and perhaps part of another. I have no way of knowing what percentage of those are reservations but I'm willing to bet they all fit on a single ship.

I've been keeping up with the ship tracking and carriers come and go from the pier tesla uses every few days. I would be very suprised if we didn't see the fabled big RHD batch produced and loaded onto a ship before the end of May.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Surely there's also a bottleneck with deliveries to customers. I know they're aiming at a really quick hand over with people watching the videos before hand, but if you take London where there's 10x more Tesla's than anywhere else, surely it would still take quite a while too hand them over. In Birmingham there's only one service center and it's not that big. 1000 cars with one hand over every 10 minutes odd would take almost a month.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Showroom staff are saying Aug/Sept when I asked last week. There had been an email saying deliveries had been pushed back so I think your going to be disappointed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Showroom staff are saying Aug/Sept when I asked last week. There had been an email saying deliveries had been pushed back so I think your going to be disappointed.

Not a chance. There’s no reason they would be pushed out that long. Even if you had to arrange a ship from today that you put deliveries in July at the latest, and there’s no special components or convoluted process to making RHD cars anymore.

Showroom staff don’t get as much info as other parts of the chain. I would have to start hearing this from a few more sources to believe it. Even right now App access has just opened back up to us plus within the past few hours the part of the site documentation, delivery and payment info just opened up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know just about enough to know that Delivery promises mean very little with Tesla but they are still lying June on the website. They are really keen on meeting Quarterly delivery targets and I understand they can only count those that are actually delivered.

Still we should know soon as they will presumably be spotted in the San Francisco port as with the Euro LH launch Tesla Model 3 comes to Europe with first massive shipment arriving at Zeebrugge port. That said, the carrier used, the Glovis Captain is currently near Japan

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's the journey time? And do these cars have to go to Holland to be "built" in the EU first?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
We are expecting the very first deliveries in June and all of the May1 orders with reservations by end of July.
So you can extrapolate from there. It won’t be long before it’s down to the intended 6 weeks from order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
What's the journey time? And do these cars have to go to Holland to be "built" in the EU first?

They will likely come direct. From building the cars to delivery centres in UK is possible in 4 weeks. But filling in our details may not mean anything is imminent.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the carrier used, the Glovis Captain is currently near Japan
They use a while bunch of different ships, see

Tesla Carriers

Grand Dahlia or Mark are both on timelines that could give some late June deliveries and the balance of the ship's contents in July *if* we see VIN registrations in the next couple of days (or if they've happened and they weren't identified)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Passed by my local Tesla store today and asked if they had heard anything more about delivery dates. He tried to give me a rough ballpark based on my reservation and he said around July.

He then seemed completely bewildered when I started to explain ship tracking from pier 80, sequential number tracking from the invoices and production capability of Fremont. All he could reply is that I probably knew more than him... Maybe we’ve gone too far in a few places.

·
Registered
959 Posts
All he could rely is that I probably knew more than him... Maybe we’ve gone too far in a few places.
You know you’re really nuts when you’re seeking out port dash cams for the Maesrk container ship. :cool:

I’d love to be proven wrong as I know what the wait is like, but I think your delivery expectations of next month are extremely optimistic, rather like Musk’s tend to be o_O

·
Registered
79 Posts
My visit to Tesla Brent X last night revealed that if you reserved on the launch day and ordered when the M3 ordering opened you should get the car in June. The only caveat was that there has to be a car built that matches your order! With regard to the referral code fiasco only by contacting head office will you find out anything, the showrooms know nothing,

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So they have a ship worth of cars ready built. I'm guessing none with a towing hitch then as it wasn't available for the first week or two

1 - 20 of 3445 Posts