Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

2501 - 2520 of 2770 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looks like they are getting hammered with phone calls. Been on hold for about 10 minutes now...
Probably due to all the people who have had their VIN's vanish over night. :( I just emailed them, no point in calling Tesla and adding to the chaos.
Personally I think Tesla should not allow VIN numbers to be made available anywhere etc until it is actually assigned permanently to the order number and customer.
I think its best we just waiting it out and keep our minds busy elsewhere ...... coming from a Volkswagen history of cars and their ordering / customer process, Tesla have a lot to learn.
Its really annoying, I had my VIN in SC for weeks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So just spoke with the Delivery GB team. They confirmed that nothing had changed on my account, and there wasn't anything to worry about. As they promised, they pushed a case through for expediting the invoice yesterday and told me that I should have it within a day or so.
I am guessing the invoice will have a VIN number - so I will just wait and watch...

·
Registered
208 Posts
So just spoke with the Delivery GB team. They confirmed that nothing had changed on my account, and there wasn't anything to worry about. As they promised, they pushed a case through for expediting the invoice yesterday and told me that I should have it within a day or so.
I am guessing the invoice will have a VIN number - so I will just wait and watch...
So he basically said not to worry that the vin is gone from the source code.

I wonder if this is a part of the process.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It is sometimes better not knowing what goes on in the kitchen (source code). Take every plate as it looks.
My thoughts too..... :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm not contacting them, it'll be ready when they have a car in the country to allocate to me.
Correct, lets just watch YouTube videos and let the Delivery teams do their job, they are already mega busy and we are adding to their work loads by asking "where's my car" every few days lol.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,508
I agree in waiting until your car is ready and not adding to their workload but this doesn't help those organising finance/ selling cars in time for delivery when it could be tomorrow or in 2 months time.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree in waiting until your car is ready and not adding to their workload but this doesn't help those organising finance/ selling cars in time for delivery when it could be tomorrow or in 2 months time.

Exactly! The problem is uncertainty (cliched word I know!) - knowing what is going to happen and when, is far better as it allows one to plan...

·
Registered
21 Posts
So there seems to be 2 email responses;
The Good (luckily I've just got this):

Thank you for your email and for your patience whilst we have worked to come back to you at the earliest opportunity. You have been assigned to a vehicle that is due to be ready for delivery during the last week of September, we have everything ready for you so, as soon as your car is closer, we will provide you with your final invoice and confirm your delivery window.

We are pleased to read that you are eager to move into your Model 3 and you can be assured that we are just as eager and so are doing everything we can to get you into your car at the earliest opportunity.

We look forward to introducing you to your Tesla!

Best wishes

Delivery GB Team
The Bad:
Hi Riz,

Thank you for your message and for your patience whilst we have worked to come back to you at the earliest opportunity. We have not yet assigned you to a vehicle, however we will in the coming weeks and once we do we will provide you with an accurate delivery window.

We are pleased to read that you are eager to move into your Model 3 and you can be assured that we are just as eager and so are doing everything we can to get you into your car at the earliest opportunity.

We look forward to introducing you to your Tesla!

Best regards,

Tesla GB Delivery
and the Ugly.... no reply. :(

The thing is I only emailed them after people on here were saying they were getting dates when calling Tesla. I wonder when they would have actually have given me a date range had I not approached them? In theory this date range could be only 11 days away (depending on how you view the last week of September).

I'd better start looking at getting insurance quotes, although I still don't really expect it to come through that soon. From the experience on here, it is more likely my VIN will just disappear next week and September will sail past will no further communication.
:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hmmm...... just been allocated a 439xxx VIN. Customer deliveries in this VIN range arrived in the UK 3 weeks ago. :unsure:
I've got 4241xx VIN in source code. It should have been made back in May.

Where have these cars been for the last few months?? I'll be checking it especially closely if that's the VIN I eventually end up with.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I've got 4241xx VIN in source code. It should have been made back in May.

Where have these cars been for the last few months?? I'll be checking it especially closely if that's the VIN I eventually end up with.
Could have been any combination of the following:

• VIN wasn't allocated when batch was made (system error)
• Car went for extended QC after manufacture
• Car was waiting for a component
• Car needed repairs (end of line or on arrival)
• Car missed boat :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
15/08 Silver/black P3 order. I just received a source code vin and a final invoice with a 7th October delivery date on the invoice.
Let's hope it sticks! A number of us have had VINs vanish overnight. When you say 'just received', does this mean you never had one until yesterday/earlier today?

·
Registered
32 Posts
First time seeing a vin, got the final invoice at the same time. Looking at the posts in here getting a final invoice so far out is not common.... You are making me worry now 😂

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,516
First time seeing a vin, got the final invoice at the same time. Looking at the posts in here getting a final invoice so far out is not common.... You are making me worry now
I think it means tbe backlog is reducing so it's easier to allocate cars.

·
Registered
111 Posts
First time seeing a vin, got the final invoice at the same time. Looking at the posts in here getting a final invoice so far out is not common.... You are making me worry now 😂
Well, getting the source code VIN & invoice at the same time is rather uncommon and hopefully this is an indication of increased certainty for you :)
It may be that Tesla are re-allocating VINs based on the cars that have been loaded on to the Hoegh Oslo, so getting an invoice now may mean an end of September/early October delivery for you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Time to post my timeline I guess,

2nd April 2016 Reservation
17th July 2019 Ordered M3P White/Black no FSD (the free white paint finally swung it..)
25th July Text: Deliveries will continue through August and Sept...
26th July Text: Finance accepted
@15th August Source code VIN 491***
23rd August Text: Tesla Update - Thanks for your patience...
11th Sept Text: Your Model 3 delivery appointment has been scheduled for 20/9 (West Drayton), Email stating the same and Final invoice on Tesla account.

Never spoken to anyone.

/D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Time to post my timeline I guess,

2nd April 2016 Reservation
17th July 2019 Ordered M3P White/Black no FSD (the free white paint finally swung it..)
25th July Text: Deliveries will continue through August and Sept...
26th July Text: Finance accepted
@15th August Source code VIN 491***
23rd August Text: Tesla Update - Thanks for your patience...
11th Sept Text: Your Model 3 delivery appointment has been scheduled for 20/9 (West Drayton), Email stating the same and Final invoice on Tesla account.

Never spoken to anyone.

/D
So looks like an early reservation does have some benefits after all!

2501 - 2520 of 2770 Posts
About this Discussion
2.8K Replies
247 Participants
h8ten
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing