Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

2721 - 2740 of 3204 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
A friend of mine who ordered mid May a LR premium red, aero wheels has finally got a delivery date of the 28th Sept at Heathrow.

·
Registered
444 Posts
e

That's my car! What vin number are you? Mine is 491xxxx from Manchester and heard nothing but hopefully soon.
The VIN starts 528xxx but I suspect this might change again to account for the shift in delivering dealership from Leeds to Manchester.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Couple of people have asked payment questions so here's my experience. Car 1: Business payment, cash in full paid on the Sat before collecting the following Wed, no need to pay 7 days in advance and source code showed full amount on the Monday. No call or email from Tesla to confirm they had got anything. Car2: through black horse. Ignore final invoice! Make sure you pay what's left of the total deposit amount you quoted in your finance via bank transfer to Tesla prior to arrival (again your can check the source code). So if you said 10k deposit, were a reservation holder with 1k down, paid your 2k deposit and had a 4k part exchange you would need to pay the remaining 3k. Then on the day you collect your sign the finance agreement to fund the total amount less the 10k.
Anyone worried about transferring large sums of money to some dodgy account number in an email, don't do it online, call the bank to do the transfer and they can verify the account and sort code.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Couple of people have asked payment questions so here's my experience. Car 1: Business payment, cash in full paid on the Sat before collecting the following Wed, no need to pay 7 days in advance and source code showed full amount on the Monday. No call or email from Tesla to confirm they had got anything. Car2: through black horse. Ignore final invoice! Make sure you pay what's left of the total deposit amount you quoted in your finance via bank transfer to Tesla prior to arrival (again your can check the source code). So if you said 10k deposit, were a reservation holder with 1k down, paid your 2k deposit and had a 4k part exchange you would need to pay the remaining 3k. Then on the day you collect your sign the finance agreement to fund the total amount less the 10k.
Anyone worried about transferring large sums of money to some dodgy account number in an email, don't do it online, call the bank to do the transfer and they can verify the account and sort code.
Thanks, this is very useful information. Do you know if there is anywhere to view the finance agreement details before pick up? To be honest, we can't remember what the final monthly figure was and don't know where it is written down!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks, this is very useful information. Do you know if there is anywhere to view the finance agreement details before pick up? To be honest, we can't remember what the final monthly figure was and don't know where it is written down!
You should have had this via email when you took the finance out.....

·
Registered
444 Posts
How many people who ordered one Day one (May 1st) still haven't received their car yet?

And if so is it because you've made changes to your order?
I think its down to a combination of the following elements which have caused delays.
SR+ & colour choice
19" alloy wheels
Towbar.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hmm No, only had the fairly vague "Order Agreement" document, and a text confirmation from the sales guy that the finance was approved.
Not great, I had an email from [email protected] which had my quote on it. But that's all I have had in writing.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think its down to a combination of the following elements which have caused delays.
SR+ & colour choice
19" alloy wheels
Towbar.
I'm just curious because I still have someone who's used my referral code who ordered on the 1st and still hasn't taken delivery. I feel sorry for them they've been waiting so long. Feel like Tesla should be bending over backward at this stage to get day one orders out

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm just curious because I still have someone who's used my referral code who ordered on the 1st and still hasn't taken delivery. I feel sorry for them they've been waiting so long. Feel like Tesla should be bending over backward at this stage to get day one orders out
They should have just given free alloy wheel upgrades to the 20" versions if they can't get them.
Something would have been better than leaving long-term reservation holders in the lurch.
I am lucky.. ordered July 29th and expecting delivery before the end of this month.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How many people who ordered one Day one (May 1st) still haven't received their car yet?

And if so is it because you've made changes to your order?
I ordered 1st May Invoice no 158. Original order was LR with 19" wheels. Heard nothing from Tesla by mid August so change order to P+, VIN appeared in my account a week later? Now had delivery date for 28th September 11.30am Birmingham. Very excited!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I ordered 1st May Invoice no 158. Original order was LR with 19" wheels. Heard nothing from Tesla by mid August so change order to P+, VIN appeared in my account a week later? Now had delivery date for 28th September 11.30am Birmingham. Very excited!
Great move..... I am waiting for a delivery date this month too :D P+

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
SR+ & colour choice
19" alloy wheels
Towbar.
Unfortunately the perfect storm Tesla, a LR AWD with towbar, 19" wheels and white interior is itself unavailable...!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too originally ordered a SR+ with 19" wheels back in May, but have since changed to a P+. I heard nothing for a long time until changing to the P+ and I've now had my delivery date confirmed as the 26th September. Interestingly enough there's still no VIN showing in the source code for me.

2721 - 2740 of 3204 Posts