Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

3501 - 3520 of 3742 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,384 Posts
Picked up at M3 SR+ this afternoon. Happy with the car, bought car mats and a frunk mat. One thing of note, no shopping bag hooks in the frunk; was told they’ve now been deleted. Just two holes now.
overall, very pleased.
we followed the checklist from https://github.com/mykeln/teslaprep/blob/master/README.md
No shopping bag hooks, I wonder how much has been saved from the cost of the car? I know they are dealing with thousands of cars but really, I bet they were pence/cents each and a two-second push-fit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No shopping bag hooks, I wonder how much has been saved from the cost of the car? I know they are dealing with thousands of cars but really, I bet they were pence/cents each and a two-second push-fit.
It does seem like a minor expense. Odd. Then again, are they useful in the frunk? (Still waiting to order mine, so don't have any real world experience.)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,503
It does seem like a minor expense. Odd. Then again, are they useful in the frunk? (Still waiting to order mine, so don't have any real world experience.)
The frunk with bag hooks (curry hooks) makes the best takeaway carrying facility on any car as its outside and stops you smelling the car out.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Check for a sunk frunk, I missed it will looking around the car. Booked in to repair but earliest is the 28th January. Just one of many issues I missed.
Looks like I'll be needing that looked at too! My snagging issues are:
  • Passenger side front USB port has no power
  • Reflector on driver side door (when door is open) is missing (2cm square hole... on the passenger side there is a red reflector covering it)
  • Annoying rattle/vibration noise when the arm rest is shut
  • Frunk not as flush with wings as I would like it to be. Interestingly the front is ok so it is almost as if the wings need to be lowered
  • Neighbourhood cats like to sit on the roof
I made the mistake of playing with navigate on autopilot on the way home and almost killed myself a few times.

Other than that, it's a bloody awesome car... especially in sport mode ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just thought I would update this post with my experience for any others out there waiting on a delivery.

Ordered an SR+ in white on 4th Oct, and was quoted November delivery. Checked occasionally for a VIN match when at work, and today a match was there! Called the Tesla delivery line and got through to a very nice lady who said it was in the country and I should get notification in the next few days of a possible collection date.

Well on the way home today I got a text offering me a collection date of next Wednesday, so very pleased.

My Zappi 2 charger got installed last Sunday (Via Eco Plugg who have done a very neat install)

All in all, delivery of the car is not that far out from the estimate of November - just pleased I am getting it before I finish work for the Christmas break.

Hope this helps with lead times for those of you that have one one on order.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just thought I would update this post with my experience for any others out there waiting on a delivery.

Ordered an SR+ in white on 4th Oct, and was quoted November delivery. Checked occasionally for a VIN match when at work, and today a match was there! Called the Tesla delivery line and got through to a very nice lady who said it was in the country and I should get notification in the next few days of a possible collection date.

Well on the way home today I got a text offering me a collection date of next Wednesday, so very pleased.

My Zappi 2 charger got installed last Sunday (Via Eco Plugg who have done a very neat install)

All in all, delivery of the car is not that far out from the estimate of November - just pleased I am getting it before I finish work for the Christmas break.

Hope this helps with lead times for those of you that have one one on order.
Gratz, what was interior ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gratz, what was interior ?
Black. Had light beige in a 420 coupe a couple of years back and it was a nightmare. So black this time. No wiping then down to keep them looking clean every week or two. Trust me. No leather protector will prevent transfer from jeans. All it will do is make it slightly easier to clean.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,687 Posts
My MD has been told his M3 has arrived in Belgium (Zeebrugge?). Guessing he'll get it just before Xmas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is the inventory time right now for a M3P as don't want to be without a car for too long as selling mine next week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is the inventory time right now for a M3P as don't want to be without a car for too long as selling mine next week.
Not a M3P, but I have a collection appointment on 20th December, for my M3 inventory order that I placed on 6th December.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My partner was told a custom build order placed online now (mid-Dec) would be delivered mid-Feb. Is that realistic?
It’s been showing feb since start of November. I was quoted mid feb on a first week of November order. So I’d be surprised if they manage that.
Depends on config too, from speaking to others a tow bar for example seems to take them much longer.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I am expecting nearly all Tesla output in the first few weeks of January to be put on shops for export. These ships could arrive in the UK for mid Feb.

3501 - 3520 of 3742 Posts