Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

UK Delivery Dates

416K views 4K replies 330 participants last post by  JohnFitz 
#1 ·
I've put UK in the title as I'm unsure if Speak EV is a UK or international forum.

I'm trying going to decide when to put my deposit down on an M3.
It will be an SR+ unless someone can do the deal of the century an a pcp LR.

What delivery dates are people getting. Last time I was in a showroom they said deliveries were looking more lime Aug onwards. I'm guessing Tesla will do the usual and supply LR and P models first so SR+ delivery dates will be a little later on or even into next year. Is engine being given the sane date when ordering?

Cheers guys.
Des

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

#48 ·
Around the end of April we were speculating how many Teslas have actually been sold in the UK to judge Model 3 demand, and I said I'd go find that out from the government itself. I've just got those and the numbers are:

Model S: 18124
Model X: 7268
Roadster: 93
Total: 25485

#53 ·
Everybody's getting excited with anticipation because "Christmas" is fast approaching! Unfortunately we dont know what date it is, or even which month! (Fingers crossed we know the year!).
Like a lot of folks i have some financial planning and cash flow organisation to do, so hopefully we will all get good notice of "when our ship comes in".

#54 ·
Buying a Tesla Model 3 is painful

Delivery Dates Unknown
Only way to Buy at the moment is Finance or Cash
Insurance is ridiculous (Currently only Direct line - My current insurer Aviva said they wont insure Tesla Model 3)
That said if someone uses my referral code at least that's a Bonus (lol - its Free Supercharger Miles if any one wants to use it 5000 supercharge miles till 28/5 :D)

On a serious note though, this is all really exciting - when I spoke to Tesla last week they did say that all orders that had already been placed should be delivered no later than then end of July to quote toscal353 i too have some financial planning to do, so notice would be good :)

#55 ·
Just put the phone down from Tesla as my order page had not refreshed which they did from their end. The fabled first 200 M3's are on their way and will be delivered at end of June/beginning of July, not all of them are the higher specs. But the next bath will be on their way shortly after so he thinks that all early reservations/order will be fulfilled in July as Tesla is devoting most of its current production run to RHD. You will receive an email and text message when you car is ready. I was a day 1 reservation holder and invoice 1803 (2 May). So looking positive.

#57 ·
Only question is which will come first: my Model 3 or Tesla's Chapter 11...:(

#66 ·
It sounds as though the delivery estimates are there or thereabouts what I expected. In my heart of hearts I didn't expect to see a car in June as a non-reservation holder. My Audi is due to go back on the 1st September. So long as it turns up by then, I'm happy enough.

#69 ·
I imagine all production until the end of june will be focused on delivery in the US to get as many deliveries as possible by the end of the quarter. Then hopefully all international orders built and sent early july. So delivery of all but a handful already at sea around the end of july. They have done this before and see no reason they will not this time.

#72 ·
They called you? Just out of the blue?

No one has called me.
Yes, rang me to talk me through next steps, allocation of VIN number, getting balance ready and arranging insurance before picking up the car. Also queried about private plate and was told to make my own arrangements and apparently no issues printing/fixing car plates from car accessories shops.
This has been updated on my account too..

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Who must be present at delivery?

All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery. If you are trading in a vehicle, all registered owners must be present.

What do I need to bring with me to delivery?

• Your driver's license (for all registrants)
  • Copy of your current auto insurance (or proof of Tesla policy, if required)
  • Final payment (if you are picking up your vehicle in a Tesla sales licensed state)
  • Title of your trade-in vehicle.
  • By trading in your vehicle, you agree to these terms.
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

.... And I can download manual

#73 ·
Yes, rang me to talk me through next steps, allocation of VIN number, getting balance ready and arranging insurance before picking up the car. Also queried about private plate and was told to make my own arrangements and apparently no issues printing/fixing car plates from car accessories shops.
This has been updated on my account too..

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Who must be present at delivery?

All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery. If you are trading in a vehicle, all registered owners must be present.

What do I need to bring with me to delivery?

• Your driver's license (for all registrants)
  • Copy of your current auto insurance (or proof of Tesla policy, if required)
  • Final payment (if you are picking up your vehicle in a Tesla sales licensed state)
  • Title of your trade-in vehicle.
  • By trading in your vehicle, you agree to these terms.
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

.... And I can download manual
That’s where I am too, drafting contract and manual downloaded except no phone call. FWIW I think it’s fair that early adopters get delivery first but I’ll either wait or get my car in June. Anyway, we’ll all get our cars soon!

#74 ·
Same for me. At drafting contract and no call, but I'd already gone through the steps online and scanned my driving licence.
Perhaps Tesla are only calling people who haven't gone though the steps online?
Good to know about the private plates, as I've got them from my 4 series, which I'm selling privately, although Tesla did offer £900 more than WBAC.

#81 ·
I am so bored of hearing people complain about their reservation having been proved meaningless. The only way in which things would have played out to please some reservers would have been for the Model 3 to be in extremely short supply and for it to come in dribs and drabs (as the Kia e-Niro has done...). That way at least all those people further down the queue (or even - horrors! - not in the queue at all) could be made to sweat it out and regret not being as cool and foresighted as us.

Instead there's apparently a big batch being made and we early reservers will get first dibs on the particular model we order, subject only to the most expensive ones being available first. Meanwhile pesky latecomers will have to wait two or three weeks for their bite of the cherry.

Personally I was never expecting to get my Model 3 until the middle of next year and so, although the car is quite a bit more expensive than I originally anticipated, not all due to Tesla (hello Brexit!), I am pretty happy with how things have turned out.

#82 ·
If you're still planning on buying a Tesla, and you're not the type to invest your savings, you might as well keep the deposit. All a reservation means is you'll get your car before someone else that ordered the same car without a reservation. Currently this could be a few weeks or maybe a month, maybe later it might only be a few days. Holding a reservation meant it was less likely I'd spend it.

#83 ·
For those who got a quote to trade in a car but don’t want to proceed with it you need to click into the part ex quote and select ‘do not wish to proceed with part ex’. Only then will you be taken to the screen with ‘we are preparing your contract’.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.