Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone's heard anything about any more upcoming changes to the now-reduced EV grant in the UK?

I ask because a work colleague who's looking to get an EV as his next lease car said a neighbour told him last week there are more changes coming - the guy doesn't work for any relevant department (he's military) so not sure he has any special information and if it's just random hearsay or not? My colleague didn't dig further.

I know many think the lessening of the grant means manufacturer prices will come down but I think they forget many other countries offer far larger incentives for EV's and car companies may spec cars down a little to meet the threshold but they aren't going to give the UK magical prices and upset the rest of their customers!

Would just be good to see something more positive in the UK as the grant reduction is going to impact pretty much all the new and interesting cars coming this year...

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour
3,365 Posts
Surly not, so soon after the disaster change that just happened!

Unless that is why there is another change coming.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's what I wondered, if they were going to be doing something more interesting... But then I became sensible and decided random guy with non-specific information probably doesn't know anything the internet doesn't so probably nothing to it! :LOL:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts