Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if posted already, but I was looking at car sales (SMMT) over the first half of the year and some things stand out:

EV sales are up despite pandemic
MG has doubled its sales and market share
Manufacturers without strong EV or PHEV offerings appear to be suffering the most.

ETA: I think Tesla come under other imports for some reason.

SMMT car registrations.

·
Registered
330 Posts
ETA: I think Tesla come under other imports for some reason.
They refuse to pay a third party who gathers data, when there is little need to as they track their own supply /demand., they are after all a data driven software company.

EV sales are up despite pandemic
New data for July is out in 4 days, so will be interesting to see what the trend is following a full month of re-opened dealers. Obviously the Tesla boat isn't due until around September so I don't think they'll be as high as previous months, but the other auto makers may make up for that e.g the Zoe and Hyundai's finally getting delivered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A lot of this is probably driven by the BIK changes that came into effect from April, hopefully it'll stay like this with the big savings for company car drivers.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I ordered my Ioniq Electric back in December, didn’t arrive until earlier this month. It was on Salary Sacrifice, but tbh the BIK rate was good before the zero rate anyway, so I would have bought it regardless. Most company salary sacrifice schemes are sort of rebranded “Green Car Schemes” now as they only make sense at very low emission rates, so If it isn’t an EV or Hybrid it won’t make much tax sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts