Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear EV lovers (owners):
We are a group of students from the Royal College of Art London. Now we are specifically doing a project regarding changing and enhancing or
adjusting the whole charging system and service to meet future needs from now to 2030. As charging service will impact everyone's life in the future,
We would pretty much like to know your concerns, needs, and hopes even fears towards this change. Your current experience is also valuable to help
redesign the service. Please kindly take the survey by using the link below. We thank you in advance for your help! If you would like to join our focus group
and discuss your visions, frustrations, we would like to have you in one of our zoom meetings.
We are also conducting 2 workshops for EV and non-EV users this Thursday and Friday:
Thursday, 21st October- 5-6 pm UK time, and you need to be a user in the UK.
Friday, 22nd October- 5-6 pm UK time, and you need to be a user in the UK.
If you would like to sign up for these, do RSVP to this link below. We don't have much to offer, but can buy you a coffee!
Feel free to leave us contacts in the link below.
Or shoot us an email: [email protected]

Best

·
Registered
434 Posts
Asks for answers via audio or video, not prepared to do that. It's not clear whether or not the answers would end up in an audio/visual presentation - I suspect they might.

There are a lot of requests for people to answer surveys here, only a fraction of people answer them, I suspect.. However, there are many, many, MANY threads on this forum that contain contributors' detailed responses and reactions to real life situations over a number of years. Rather than yet another survey, a grounded theory or thematic analysis of the existing data strike me as being a much more useful way to get some interesting insights. It does, however, require a bit more work on the part of the researchers.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,736 Posts
What on earth would a bunch of arts students know about meeting the needs of EV drivers into the 2030s? You would need to know statistics, energy supply data, road usage data, modelling techniques, charging technology, politics, global economics etc.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You can respond by text also, I've just submitted my responses, happy to help, although I would echo that the two questions are only grazing the surface of the whole charging issue

·
Registered
434 Posts
What on earth would a bunch of arts students know about meeting the needs of EV drivers into the 2030s? You would need to know statistics, energy supply data, road usage data, modelling techniques, charging technology, politics, global economics etc.
RCA is as much, if not more, a design university as a fine arts one. I would guess these guys are doing an industrial design course. I didn't realise until I just looked that they are an entirely postgrad uni, though I think that makes the point about the sort of research that could be done from the data already available on this (and other) sites even more apposite.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Ok, half of my family are Art School graduates, one quarter are Humanities, the rest are all from Engineering backgrounds.

I wouldn't bother asking any of the Art School graduates any questions whatsoever related to EV charging.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,736 Posts
As I sad, the RCA is a design university as much, if not more, than a fine arts one. Looking a bit more into this, I assume it’s part of this project:

This was widely reported and just relates to the design of a street charging point with no reference to how it functions or where they may be installed. The OP implies a lot more than that
Personally, I would rather entrust Imperial College to undertake a review of what charging facilities will be needed for the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts