Dealer has told me all i3’s registered after April 1st will be subject to a £675 price increase. Can’t see anything about this on line and BMW website says nothing. Anybody else been told something similar or know about this?
I did hear a rumour that price increases were coming, but have no indication as to why. Crazy really, when you look at the competition now. (Tho the virus and brexit will both probably be cited as reasons I'm sure.)
Which would be fair given that they are in no position to deliver the car due to the Coronavirus. My dealer wants to register the car by 31 Mar (to lock in the price); take my money; and will have the car available for collection er.....no idea - depends on the Government!!!!!!
For clarification the car just arrived off the boat in Southampton yesterday so has not even started it’s pre-delivery journey. And the dealer is fully closing on 31 March for two weeks minimum (to take advantage of Government handouts).
Personally I think they are taking the ****!
That sort of strong-arm tactic would have me reaching for the cancel button - there may also be pre-reg cars or other dealers that are more friendly, unless you've ordered a very special spec. I agree about refusing the price increase and I would also consider name & shame dealer here. You could email BMW customer service explaining that their franchisee is using pressure-selling tactics (at this difficult time etc etc) representing very poor customer service which is not appreciated.
Well I am buying through a broker so I decided to involve him. The following facts were established. BMW have temporarily suspended dealer targets so the quarter end registration rush is not a factor for the time being. BMW are also increasing i3 prices by £675 from April (whether due to exchange rate / pandemic or other factors).
In fairness to the dealer they offered a substantial (in i3 terms) discount back in Feb which the broker felt would not be repeated in a 'post virus' world while dealer targets were suspended. (Well he would say that - but he might be right).
The car is a factory order to my spec and it is built and in the UK. So after much consideration I decided to agree to having it registered, saved the £675, and didn't 'walk'.
So I now have the reg. no. and the chassis number of a car that I hope to see soon but not sure when. What strange times we are living in!
I'm sure they will keep it nice and tidy for you and no-one will be doing any "test drives" anytime soon. Frustrating though it may be (and I'm sure it is VERY frustrating) you've probably made the same choice I would have done.