Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like ID3 series personal lease pricing is now up on the VW UK website, Google ‘VW Lease and Care’, then configure car and change financial calculation.
Unless it’s wrong or I’m misreading, personal lease pricing seems very high.
For example,
An ID3 Life, blue, 18 inch alloys with a ‘Small’ servicing package 10,000 miles, 3 years comes in at an average monthly cost of £526 (that’s averaging in the deposit).
If that’s correct it’s significantly more than an eNiro and that means ‘I’m out’...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Seems like ID3 series personal lease pricing is now up on the VW UK website, Google ‘VW Lease and Care’, then configure car and change financial calculation.
Unless it’s wrong or I’m misreading, personal lease pricing seems very high.
For example,
An ID3 Life, blue, 18 inch alloys with a ‘Small’ servicing package 10,000 miles, 3 years comes in at an average monthly cost of £526 (that’s averaging in the deposit).
If that’s correct it’s significantly more than an eNiro and that means ‘I’m out’...
Have you tried WeVee?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Weevee confirmed to me they won’t have anything until at least March.

VW told me they’re not supplying third party leasing firms. This is how they think they can price this car as they have.

I’ll be interested to see what the uptake is. Anything other than outright purchase is ...cough

e-Niro arriving Tuesday, so we too are out.

·
Registered
Volkswagen e-Golf 2018
2,124 Posts
Weevee confirmed to me they won’t have anything until at least March.

VW told me they’re not supplying third party leasing firms. This is how they think they can price this car as they have.

I’ll be interested to see what the uptake is. Anything other than outright purchase is ...cough

e-Niro arriving Tuesday, so we too are out.
I’m in a similar position with a business lease. The prices from VW are way too high. I can lease a Kona for 2/3 the price!

·
Premium Member
4,267 Posts
I’m in a similar position with a business lease. The prices from VW are way too high. I can lease a Kona for 2/3 the price!
To be honest, why wouldn’t you?

I like my VWs, I make no secret of that, but even I wouldn’t pay the lease prices being asked if I could get a Kona or Niro for 2/3 the price.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,717 Posts
It's a new car, of course lease costs are high.

Once they have more availability and a need to push them, the costs will come down.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Sad that converted ICE are still more cost-effective than unique EVs (even allowing for the wide use of the MEB platform). Maybe BMW have made a pragmatic decision with X3i "replacing" the i3?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts