Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's fed up of me talking about EVs and batteries and renewable energy.
Perhaps us UK Kia Soul EV drivers could meet up - maybe in November, when all the newbies get their cars (ok, I'm a newbie too).
Unless anyone knows of any national events happening - couldn't find anything using Google.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Craig over at the Renault Zoe Owners Club put an all EV get together on at short(ish) notice this year in Coventry and the plan is to repeat it in 2018. We had a good turn out Zoes, Leafs, an eNV-200 and an i3, hopefully next year we can get the word around more for an even bigger turnout. The location was good with facilities nearby cafe, toilets, play areas and activities for people with children and even some charge points in the adjoining P&R.

EV's In The Park

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
In this modern world why not do virtual meets by Skype.
Very few people will have the time to travel too far and back in a day in an EV.
Think 200 miles each way, think 8 hours travel time including stops or thereabout

I used to run a few MG club meets in my fields including camping, not possible now though because I have things grazing and pooing in them now!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok.
Everyone happy with Skype?
And what days/times of the week would suit? I'm free Monday, Tuesday, Friday evenings and most of the weekend.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
One thing about F2F meets is you can do silly things like sticking your keys in you ear and seeing how far it will work
I think with a row of MGs we managed about 160 feet iirc.

Or swapping the doors and interior over on an unsuspecting owners car overnight so he had a silver car with black doors and half green interior for a giggle

You also need a critical mass to make it feasible

I don't mind travelling a fair way to a meet I can just stick the Soul on my trailer and tow it with the BMW.
Ooops I guess that's not quite the right idea :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went to a general EV meet up in Crawley recently and it was really good fun. Its a shame there are any by county groups. There are no groups in Surrey for example so if there are any members in Surrey that fancies starting something then perhaps we could have a get together.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I attended a meet at the weekend in my Ampera. There was almost every version of EV, bar the i8 and the new Leaf. Even a ZE kangoo van but no Soul . in the time driving my present car, I cannot recall seeing a Soul EV in the wild.

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,556 Posts
I attended a meet at the weekend in my Ampera. There was almost every version of EV, bar the i8 and the new Leaf. Even a ZE kangoo van but no Soul . in the time driving my present car, I cannot recall seeing a Soul EV in the wild.
Soul EV was an endangered species but with recent adoptions maybe out of danger now. :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
I expect an influx of Titanium Grey lease Breeding into the Soul EV gene pool.
Though I'm reliably informed these may be harder to spot

1 - 17 of 17 Posts