Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just thought I'd share a link to the Polestar UK Facebook group. It's got plenty of members and it's pretty active. Lots of pre-order holders on there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don’t think it have missed previous posts on home charging your forthcoming P2, but I apologise if I have.
I have moved my supplier for electricity and gas to Octopus and have arranged to have a EO Mini Smart Home Tethered Type 2 charger fitted in early September.
What plans do others have and what have you chosen for your P2?
I plan to use the very low cost nighttime rates, which should make charging and running my Polestar very low cost indeed.
That’s the plan anyway :)

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
192 Posts
I’ve already got a Podpoint installed. Just hoping that the claims that Polestar 2 has scheduled charging are correct. I’m on Octopus Go so charging my e-Niro 00:30 to 04:30. If it doesn’t I’ll have to fork out for an ohme cable.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’ve already got a Podpoint installed. Just hoping that the claims that Polestar 2 has scheduled charging are correct. I’m on Octopus Go so charging my e-Niro 00:30 to 04:30. If it doesn’t I’ll have to fork out for an ohme cable.
I see. Let’s hope the in car scheduling is possible.
what does it cost to charge your e-Nero using the cheap rate?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Same here :) It's in the blurb that it offers timed charging, but no-one could find it in the menus...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hedley, did octopus have to install a smart meter for you? I've heard that can take some time..

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
192 Posts
Hedley, did octopus have to install a smart meter for you? I've heard that can take some time..
They did. Would have taken about six weeks but then COVID came along. They’re getting back up to speed now. i find them most responsive to Twitter messages.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hedley, did octopus have to install a smart meter for you?
They did. Would have taken about six weeks but then COVID came along. They’re getting back up to speed now. i find them most responsive to Twitter messages.
Yes I am still waiting for my Octopus Smart Meter install, I have solar on the roof but my analogue meter is now going backwards! 🤣
I have a Zappi charger on order, hope to have that installed in a week or so and use its timer facility for off peak charging when needed.
Thanks for the Twitter remark, I will try to get a response from them on there. 👍

1 - 11 of 11 Posts