Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
More than double the price before subsidies, 800,000yen subsidy added on takes the price to more like £16k. I think sales tax on cars in Japan is more like 5% as well vs 20% on the Ami presumably here.

Cool looking car though, that is more like the lightweight compact EV I would want, very different to a quadricycle though.

·
Registered
Mercedes EQC 400 4matic
604 Posts
Am not really sure the ami has any place on UK roads with its limited speed. Here in France they fill the specific weird market of voiture sans permis a class of car for those without a driving licence ie youngsters but also old and the banned drivers. The petrol ones are not much more than lawnmowers with a car type body horribly noisy and slow. They ause their own traffic queues but as we are so used to tractors etc and we normally have places to overtake they are tolerated but the U.K. roads are not the same. I would be happy to see the french insist at voiture sans permis become electric and this is a fun car but would not let a child of mine use one in the U.K. far too dangerous in my view.

·
Registered
ZE40 R110
980 Posts
I expect they would be useful Deliveroo vehicles in the big cities if they can get the lease price low enough, although e-bikes are probably better being cheaper and not needing to park. Will be interesting what the uptake is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts