Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have this happen?
Last storm went through most of the UK daytime on Tuesday, but Powerwall2 decide to invoke storm watch mode at 22:45 hrs. last night, after the storm had passed through. Especially since we live in Oxfordshire.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Last storm went through most of the UK daytime on Tuesday, but Powerwall2 decide to invoke storm watch mode at 22:45 hrs. last night, after the storm had passed through. Especially since we live in Oxfordshire.
Yes, same happened here on South coast. I guess it is down to where Tesla get their weather reports from

·
Registered
186 Posts
My thoughts exactly. My PW2 was installed back in early June and all has been good. Been virtually off grid since install. Had heard about this feature “Storm Watch” and nice to see it “auto activate” during the very bad weather. We live in South Wales.

But really disappointed to see it decided to charge itself up from the grid pretty much AFTER the bad weather had blown over. It took almost 11 kWh from the grid from around 22.45 until early next morning. I could have turned off the feature but just wanted to see if it would stop self charging early but nope, it filled up to max 100% even though storm finished hours previously.

A good feature bit would have been more impressed if it filled its boots earlier in the day so it was battle ready in case of a power cut.
I have now turned the feature off! Will turn it on myself if a storm is brewing. It was almost as if Tesla was preparing for Hurricaine Laura in the USA.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
We had the Powerwall2 installed mid Dec2019, along with Zappi2 and at the time the storm watch feature didn’t show in the app, but some weeks after, a storm was due and I had manually set it to fully charge and the feature suddenly appeared. It got it right for the next storms and worked well until now. Not sure what messed up this time round. Have turned feature back on and will see if it gets it right next time.

Reactions: ChrisCross123
1 - 8 of 8 Posts