EDmnbM6XUAEybXC.jpg

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
So about £5k more than the current ZE40?

All depends what the PCP offer comes out at I suppose...

·
Premium Member
10,189 Posts
Odd they got the BIK is wrong, it is actually 0% for 2020/21!

The low spec R110 and high spec R135 was as I expected, but interesting they are offering both in mid spec.

Also, as others have said, actual price will depend on discounts or finance contributions, but those may be low at first due to high demand for BEVs.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Odd they got the BIK is wrong, it is actually 0% for 2020/21! As others have said, a lot will depend on discounts or finance contributions, but they may be low at first due to high demand for BEVs.
In the "Ownership Information & Pricing" table, they do list both 19/20 BIK (16%) & 20/21 BIK (0%)

·
Registered
165 Posts
As expected, £750 extra to add the CCS charging. A bit steep, will be interesting to see at what speed the battery can actually accept the power. Will it have better battery heating?

·
Premium Member
10,189 Posts
So to add camera and heated seats on Ionic is now £1300 :oops: OK you get front sensors, heated steering wheel and bigger screen, but really :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
OptionAvailability Price
50 kW DC (CCS) rapid chargingIconic and GT Line£750
17-inch diamond cut alloy wheelsGT Line£310
Winter Pack (heated seats & steering wheel)Iconic and GT Line£500
Technology Pack (front & rear sensors with rear view reverse camera & 9.3" Easy Link screenIconic£800
Hands Free ParkingGT Line£350

·
Zoe Devotee
7,949 Posts
Just to confirm that's @£21,700 with battery hire? For cheapest model, without CCS, and which probably won't be included in UK sales.

Typical model R110 bright is @£25300. I hope that's before govt incentive. But still nearly £22k for battery hire model. Ouchie!

Like for like comparison to other companies (who don't do battery hire) the Bright is @£33200. So almost £30k with govt incentive? £750 for CCS puts it closer to £31k

Is it just me or have Renault absolutely lost the plot? I mean the car is still basically the same product from 2011 (released 2012) but with some flashy new baubles.

There is now a massive hole in the market below £30k which Renault used to own.

Crikey, I wonder if this makes the MG the new Zoe?

One positive I suppose is the value of all existing Zoes has got to increase as demand out strips supply for affordable EVs.
You can come down off the ceiling.

French incentives are better than in the UK, so I expect Renault charge more and provide less of a dealer ‘contribution’.

Can we hold judgement until we see the official UK PCP pricing?

(P.S. if you want a cheap EV go for an e-golf deal) ;)

Looks like I was bang on the money for price of battery hire and battery owned, just the model designation I got wrong (because its not available in UK).

Think I'll just bask in my smugness for a wee while as I contemplate how Renault lost its lead in the market to the Chinese.

MG got deposits on 2000 ZS models in a couple of short weeks. These should be delivered by February I'd hazard at the latest. Renault I'd wager will be lucky to sell 2000 of the new Zoe in the next 12 months (and a tiny fraction of those will be battery owned and a similar low number with CCS equipped)..

For my next crystal ball moment I'd say the Play R110 will be the biggest seller (Well PCP).

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Although it should be standard and Renault appear to be bloody minded about it, is CCS worth it if you're using it as the second/conmuter car? I can see the merit if you have a fair amount of long journeys, and I suppose £750 is flip all in a five year plan, as they say.

·
Registered
433 Posts
is CCS worth it if you're using it as the second/conmuter car?
We've all managed so far, so...

I think the problem is that it's faster, but it's still not particularly speedy ("90 miles in 30 minutes" at 4m/kwh is only 45kw, and that is surely best case if it's in a press release) so if you need a full recharge on a long journey you're still waiting well over an hour, so I'd still be looking into destination chargers anyway, like we do now...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Be interesting to see the discounts and contributions on offer from Renault.

As it stands, the Iconic R110 is the same price as the Corsa-e at £27,140, and both more expensive than the e-208 Allure at £26,320, but the PSA offerings have a more powerful motor, and CCS. The Zoe does have more range though.

To match power and charging capacity of PSA's new offerings, you need to go with the Iconic R135 at £27,620 and then add the CCS option at £750, so total is £28,320.

I haven't gone into detail on the differences on spec though....

Currently, when you add the deposit contribution from Vauxhall of £2,615, the Corsa is the cheapest by some margin...

·
Zoe Devotee
7,949 Posts
and I suppose £750 is flip all in a five year plan, as they say.

On the flip side ZS EV would be owners are beside themselves at the prospect of forking out £150 on a charging cable.

I can indeed see a lot of Zoe "Owners" going for AC only. Here in the UK however the roll out of Rapid AC has all but stopped and 22kw posts are not the norm. 50kwh will be fine for most trips, but that one time you push past 50kwh used and you'll be kicking youself.

And lets not kid, if its a motorway journey you'll want to be travelling at 70mph, and you won't get 250miles range then. So constantly at the back of your mind you'll be thinking, slow down or stop for a long charge, either way its a delay.

·
Registered
433 Posts
To match power and charging capacity of PSA's new offerings, you need to go with the Iconic R135 at £27,620 and then add the CCS option at £750, so total is £28,320.
The e-corsa blurb suggests it can charge significantly faster than the Zoe, even though both have CCS. Renault claim 90 miles in 30 minutes; the e-corsa claims 60 miles in 12 minutes and 80% in 30 minutes. I'm of the opinion that once you get above a certain range the charging speed is much more important, so I think the Zoe loses out significantly here.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,949 Posts
The e-corsa blurb suggests it can charge significantly faster than the Zoe, even though both have CCS. Renault claim 90 miles in 30 minutes; the e-corsa claims 60 miles in 12 minutes and 80% in 30 minutes. I'm of the opinion that once you get above a certain range the charging speed is much more important, so I think the Zoe loses out significantly here.

I agree. 50kw is pretty much the minimum these days. One of the reason I'm thinking ZS EV is that its been tested above 50kw on UK chargers and in Europe (where they can handle the truth) its advertised as up to 80kw. Even that is a bit slow these days.

Renault advertise 0-80% in 1hr 10mins. 80% being @41kwh. Isn't that just 35kw average? So presumably the new 50 Zoe tails off its charging speed pretty early if its maxes at 50kw at some point during that charge.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yea the e-Corsa is rated at 100kW CCS, whereas the e-208 and Zoe are 50kW CCS.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah just had a look at the brochure, both 100 kW.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts