Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've never used a cup holder to hold a coffee cup (or indeed any other hot drink). Water bottles, wine bottles (not on the move!), keys, sunglasses, general detritus, but coffee, never.

Coffee should be enjoyed sitting down in comfort, or possibly standing in the kitchen. Under no circumstances should it be drunk on the move, whether on foot or in a car.

Also, I usually have an espresso if I am not at home, so the cup would just fall over.
Putting coffee drinking regulations aside it's fair to say the circular recesses aren't good for much. I think £10k to upgrade to the new version is worth it if there's storage space for 2 bottles.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
Particularly as both the e-208 and Corsa-e quote 80% charge rates of just 30mins!

Although it doesn't stipulate the start point, so likely to be 20-80% me thinks....
60% in 30mins is still quicker than 80% in 1hr 10mins though.

I think 100kw CCS and liquid cooling makes a difference on e-208 etc.

·
Registered
847 Posts
A 200+ mile EV for 20k + battery lease is a good deal. Not everyone cares about CCS etc.

Provided they get the PCP right and offer a 50 quid rental tier (or whatever the lowest one was before).

·
evezy referral code d6540
792 Posts
Particularly as both the e-208 and Corsa-e quote 80% charge rates of just 30mins!

Although it doesn't stipulate the start point, so likely to be 20-80% me thinks....
If it maxes at 100kW but averages 80 up to 80% it could take in 40kW in 30 minutes so could be 0 - 80%.

From a 50kW source, much more common, it will take 48 minutes to charge to 80% rather than the Zoe’s 70 minutes so 22 minutes quicker.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've never used a cup holder to hold a coffee cup (or indeed any other hot drink). Water bottles, wine bottles (not on the move!), keys, sunglasses, general detritus, but coffee, never.

Coffee should be enjoyed sitting down in comfort, or possibly standing in the kitchen. Under no circumstances should it be drunk on the move, whether on foot or in a car.

Also, I usually have an espresso if I am not at home, so the cup would just fall over.
Oh no..i love my coffee in the morning.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Probably similar to the Q90 then, I'm hoping for a bit of improvement, ie higher % before too much tapering due to pack having more capacity.
But to be honest getting beyond Gretna services then charging while we have lunch should allow us to do what are frequent trips to Manchester with ease, even the Q90 does that on warmer days.
it is still no further or quicker than mainstream cars....most will take 30 mins or so to get any decent battery levels . Pity. i know i wont be buying another Zoe.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
Probably similar to the Q90 then, I'm hoping for a bit of improvement, ie higher % before too much tapering due to pack having more capacity.
But to be honest getting beyond Gretna services then charging while we have lunch should allow us to do what are frequent trips to Manchester with ease, even the Q90 does that on warmer days.
Looks like the Renault engineers have done little to change the charging profile if it averages out at 34kw over a 80% charge. :/

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
In France the ZE50 doesn't come with Type 2 public charging cable - it is a €200 option.

Be interesting to see if UK do same and if they do the OTR price starts to mount up once you add CCS, cable, etc. Higher costs of home charging points (new regs) also puts the free offer at risk I suspect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In France the ZE50 doesn't come with Type 2 public charging cable - it is a €200 option.

Be interesting to see if UK do same and if they do the OTR price starts to mount up once you add CCS, cable, etc. Higher costs of home charging points (new regs) also puts the free offer at risk I suspect.
Just had a Renault/Chargemaster install about a month ago. Total was £1300 on the invoice I signed at the end. So basically cost Renault £800 for the charger.

·
evezy referral code d6540
792 Posts
Just had a Renault/Chargemaster install about a month ago. Total was £1300 on the invoice I signed at the end. So basically cost Renault £800 for the charger.
Is that cost justifiable or is it inflated due to the grant ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
That was the cheapest of all the quotes that i got.

Ecoplug tethered £1135
Chargemaster was £1300
Zappi was £1500
Andersen was £1650

All prices installed. i think the ecoplug was a little low, i recon they would have arrive and found something to charge me another couple of hundred for to bump the price up.

All of them were for a standard installation under 15m, easy access to install the cable in my standing height basement and off street parking.

So looks like that seems to be the price around here anyways.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Sounds inflated to me. I had two zappis installed 2 years ago for about the same price as the Anderson. Most things EV related seemed to have increased in price now they are getting more popular.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

In the press release doc it states ...
The standard type-2 cable provided with the car and the Chameleon Charger™ are used for everyday AC charging use, such as at home with a wallbox, at work, in a car park or on public roads using anything up to a 22kW supply.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
19 Participants
Mo1
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing