Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
That’s interesting. I suppose we all focus on WLTP range comparisons but perhaps winter range has a lot more practical significance.
Yes, I agree with this. I think that winter range or worse case scenario is one of the most important aspects and something that I always tell people who are interested. If I am asked about the range of the Zoe 22kWh, I always say 70-90 and explain the difference. When we had the MB250e I would say 65-130 (yes it was really that wide - atrocious in bad weather). Most people are shocked.

What is the best bad/cold weather EV? Is it the Hyundai Ioniq?

·
Premium Member
10,197 Posts
Back to the thread.. what sort of offers are people getting? I'm interested in cash price on GT Line R135 with all the addons (CSS, Winter pack, Technology and Handsfree) apart from the wheel upgrade (don't see the point). Presumably Bose is included on GT Line? I can't see where that comes in as an extra anywhere... @Badger in Black able to share please :)?
My best Carwow quote for ZE50 GT Line with heated seats, rapid, etc. was over £28K. For a Zoe :ROFLMAO: PCP was very expensive too.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,965 Posts
So Bjorn things the usable is more like 48kwh? 180mile range, but its winter range (which is decent I guess at 3.75mpkwh average, only a little higher than the 3.6 average I get at 65mph though), 1 degree outside temp I see on the screen at 3mins.

Interesting that he's doing 59mph on that trip, pretty slow, barely faster than the artics in UK.

For balance one of the "few" new MG ZS EV owners did a 120mile trip up over shap on the motorway this week, minus 1-2 degrees with ACC set to 65mph and result showed still another 30ish miles of range remaining. So 180 vs 150 is pretty close. which might add some weight to the belief the Zoe is 48kwh usable, MG is 44.5.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
When's the configurator up?

£28k for a French supermini is too much. At this rate I will slide back to ICE ne t year because I am not paying silly money for gen 1.5 stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,197 Posts
Very few people will buy outright. It’s all about the PCP monthly cost.
True. My best Carwow quote at £3K down is over £350 a month for 4 years, so effectively £400 a month :oops:

It was high spec, but entry level Play is not much cheaper. I can't see it being as popular at those costs. Maybe better deals will follow?

·
Registered
11,788 Posts
True. My best Carwow quote at £3K down is over £350 a month for 4 years, so effectively £400 a month :oops:

It was high spec, but entry level Play is not much cheaper. I can't see it being as popular at those costs. Maybe better deals will follow?
I had a few quotes for the GT line at £380 pcm plus £380 deposit over 48 months. Not too bad.

I think youcould get it down to £339 pcm for the lower specs.

·
Premium Member
10,197 Posts
I had a few quotes for the GT line at £380 pcm plus £380 deposit over 48 months. Not too bad
If I was replacing my ZE40 Signature I would get the new Ioniq. Better car (except range) for less a month. Be mainly local use so slow charging wouldn't bother me. I wouldn't pay close to £400 for a Zoe with a reversing camera...

·
Registered
863 Posts
If I was replacing my ZE40 Signature I would get the new Ioniq. Better car (except range) for less a month. Be mainly local use so slow charging wouldn't bother me. I wouldn't pay close to £400 for a Zoe with a reversing camera...
We don't know what the real range of the new Ioniq is. I expect that if you do a lot of motorway miles, it could be better at speed than a Zoe 50 due to aerodynamics etc. The folk over on the Ioniq threads seem to get incredible range out of the 28 kWh model. It will be good to see.

·
Premium Member
10,197 Posts
What sort of quotes are people getting for the new Ioniq?
I was tempted by the recent cheap PCH deals on the Premium (example below from Drive Electric) at around £260 month for 2 years, 5K miles a year.

However, I will keep my ZE40 Signature for at least another year. Cost for another year should be low as I don't think it will depreciate much - especially with cost of new ZE50.

Personal Contract Hire
£199 per month (inc. VAT)
£1794 initial rental (inc. VAT)

·
Zoe Devotee
7,965 Posts
We don't know what the real range of the new Ioniq is. I expect that if you do a lot of motorway miles, it could be better at speed than a Zoe 50 due to aerodynamics etc. The folk over on the Ioniq threads seem to get incredible range out of the 28 kWh model. It will be good to see.

Its such a low slung car though, The Zoe is quite lofty by comparison. One of the things I've most liked about Zoe, it looks a small hatch back but you sit as high as most pretend SUVs. In fact the ZS I drove yesterday, was only slightly higher than the Zoe when parked side by side.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I like the low slung position of the Ioniq, I suspect it's because I have always owned saloons and hatches, whereas my wife is on her second SUCrossover thing with her Countryman. I didn't enjoy driving the Hyundai ix35, you really sat on that tractor.

·
Premium Member
10,197 Posts
When I decided to replace Ampera with BEV I was keen on lower driving position and similar style of Ioniq but couldn't justify cost over the Zoe. However, I am very pleased with the Zoe - it has surpassed my expectations, especially reliability (touch wood, etc).

With prices on new EVs so high we will stick with Plan A and keep it a while. Besides, we use Model 3 for long journeys and spend a lot of winter in Florida :)

81 - 98 of 98 Posts