Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m pretty sure this has been discussed before but can’t find it!
On startup I’m now getting a "loading connection status" message for about 30 second followed by “unable to load connection status".
I’m on 2.1 and started getting this yesterday on my drive where I’ve had no problem with this, or reception/connectivity for nearly 6 months.
I guess I’ll give it a few days to see if it corrects.
My main concern is this may interfere with the upcoming OTA update, although obv WeConnect doesn’t work either.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

·
Registered
543 Posts
May just be a general outage of the system, there was one a week ago or so I think, prompting a bunch of posts on the Facebook group.

As far as OTA updates go, it would just wait until there's signal to complete any downloads before installing. Any modern software would download the whole update file(s) then do an integrity check before actually starting to update anything.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,162 Posts
I’m pretty sure this has been discussed before but can’t find it!
On startup I’m now getting a "loading connection status" message for about 30 second followed by “unable to load connection status".
I’m on 2.1 and started getting this yesterday on my drive where I’ve had no problem with this, or reception/connectivity for nearly 6 months.
I guess I’ll give it a few days to see if it corrects.
My main concern is this may interfere with the upcoming OTA update, although obv WeConnect doesn’t work either.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
I had something similar yesterday when I noticed the We Connect ID App hasn’t updated for a while. I went to the car and got the same message.

A couple of months back I would have been reaching for the 10mm socket and pulled the 12v whilst cursing that 2.1 wasn’t ready yet, but I left it a while and this morning it was connecting fine again when I used it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had something similar yesterday when I noticed the We Connect ID App hasn’t updated for a while. I went to the car and got the same message.

A couple of months back I would have been reaching for the 10mm socket and pulled the 12v whilst cursing that 2.1 wasn’t ready yet, but I left it a while and this morning it was connecting fine again when I used it.
Maybe there’s been some central failure over the weekend and they’ll be a reboot Monday morning …

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem now cleared after 36 hours. Someone did a reboot somewhere so guess…👍🏻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts