Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum has helped me massively in choosing this car, so, thankyou for all the info that has been provided on the ID3.

This is my First Post, only picked up the car yesterday, I have an ID3 Life with Heat Pump.

I attempted to programme the Stationary Air Conditioning System, but I am unable to set a departure time, when i enter that part of the infotainment system. The Departure clock, Temperature and Settings Icons are missing.
This youtube video (at 44:02) ID3 - Almost everything explained showed me what i didn't have.

I have RTFM (P119/120), and searched on here, and cant find any other issues, car is running on Software 0564

I also cant get the We Connect ID App to pre heat the car, and i have tried on IOS and Android, I just get the spinning wheel. I have tried to remove/reinstall the apps as previously stated.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
486 Posts
I have the same issue as well as the car being stuck in offline mode so I cant get the We Connect App to work at all. I've booked mine in to be looked at by my local dealer hopefully it'll get sorted soon.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
86 Posts
I attempted to programme the Stationary Air Conditioning System, but I am unable to set a departure time, when i enter that part of the infotainment system. The Departure clock, Temperature and Settings Icons are missing.
This youtube video (at 44:02) ID3 - Almost everything explained showed me what i didn't have.

I have RTFM (P119/120), and searched on here, and cant find any other issues, car is running on Software 0564

I also cant get the We Connect ID App to pre heat the car, and i have tried on IOS and Android, I just get the spinning wheel. I have tried to remove/reinstall the apps as previously stated.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated
I have 0564 on mine and working ok, indeed very toasty when I got in this morning, whereas the other car in the family was completely frozen.
A couple of things to check...

Have you done the infotainment system reset, lock the car, and leave it for 15 minutes?

Is the car online? Does it show 4G signal? Is the eCall indicator lamp in the roof green?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 0564 on mine and working ok, indeed very toasty when I got in this morning, whereas the other car in the family was completely frozen.
A couple of things to check...

Have you done the infotainment system reset, lock the car, and leave it for 15 minutes?

Is the car online? Does it show 4G signal? Is the eCall indicator lamp in the roof green?
Now I'm jealous :D I'd done the reset of the infotainment system (Just hold the on/off button down?), but i hadn't locked the car for 15 minutes after. I will try that again later.

Car is online, and showing a 4G signal, the eCall is showing green.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ID3_Infotainment.jpg

As you can see, after Infotainment reset, Departure time icon is still missing.....I think a call to VW tomorrow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called VW up, as soon as I told them about the issues, straight away, they booked me in for 2 days on 11th Jan. I am assuming.......and hoping! that the 2 days are to update the software. Really enjoying the car so far, just need the preheated car after my night shifts :D

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
86 Posts
Called VW up, as soon as I told them about the issues, straight away, they booked me in for 2 days on 11th Jan. I am assuming.......and hoping! that the 2 days are to update the software. Really enjoying the car so far, just need the preheated car after my night shifts :D
Good luck! It looks as if functionality is missing from the menus. I went through from the top menu and you are missing some sub-functions within stationary air con.... most odd.

IMG_9336.jpeg

·
Registered
ID3 Pro Performance Business
38 Posts
Ive got the same issue and I’m also on 564. Up until I saw this post I just assumed that I’d need an update first. Will try the reset tomorrow and failing that speak to VW. Thanks

edit: couldn’t wait and went out to the icecube that used to be my car to give it a go. Hopefully I get the preheat function working on the app after this too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive got the same issue and I’m also on 564. Up until I saw this post I just assumed that I’d need an update first. Will try the reset tomorrow and failing that speak to VW. Thanks

edit: couldn’t wait and went out to the icecube that used to be my car to give it a go. Hopefully I get the preheat function working on the app after this too
I've just read the Tips and Tricks document, when you remove the App, you also have to remove the car from MyVolkswagen website, then reset the ID3 to factory settings, then reinstall the App and connect to your ID3.

I just tried it.......I can't do a factory reset now! Might be as I have put the car in the garage for an early start tomorrow, and have no 4G. Will try when I'm out tomorrow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've just read the Tips and Tricks document, when you remove the App, you also have to remove the car from MyVolkswagen website, then reset the ID3 to factory settings, then reinstall the App and connect to your ID3.

I just tried it.......I can't do a factory reset now! Might be as I have put the car in the garage for an early start tomorrow, and have no 4G. Will try when I'm out tomorrow.
I’ve just tried this and sadly it made no difference. I’ve sent an email off to VW anyway asking for any tips and letting them know I could do with an update soon

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Life model too and exactly the same issue. No pre-heating via the app and the same display when trying to set a departure time for pre-heating.

I had the update to ver 2.0 and it has not changed the situation with pre-heating. The app still doesn't work and neither is there an option to set a departure time.

Fortunately version 2 has a charging timer so along as you can plug in you can use that to effectively set a departure time for pre-heating which is an improvement.

Seems to be an issue for Life models particularly. Perhaps linked to them only having single zone climate control.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Life model too and exactly the same issue. No pre-heating via the app and the same display when trying to set a departure time for pre-heating.

I had the update to ver 2.0 and it has not changed the situation with pre-heating. The app still doesn't work and neither is there an option to set a departure time.

Fortunately version 2 has a charging timer so along as you can plug in you can use that to effectively set a departure time for pre-heating which is an improvement.

Seems to be an issue for Life models particularly. Perhaps linked to them only having single zone climate control.
I was hoping version 2 would be a fix for me as I'm still on 564 but looks like I'll have to wait until 2.1 for full functionality. I'm in a business model but your theory still makes sense as I think I have single climate control same as the life. Love the car to drive but so far its just been an expensive go kart. None of the smart features seem to work for me. 2.1 can't come quick enough

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the car back today, unfortunately, this wont be fixed until Version 2.1. So, i should be able to pre warm the car up, just before spring.:poop:
They didn't update to version 2.0 either, so i wont be able to get other useful features like Android Auto/Apple Car play. Not sure why, sounded like 2.0 has been pulled by VW?
At least my 18 year old Subaru Impreza WRX STI has Android Auto and Apple Car play, except that i sold this in December to buy the ID3 :LOL:

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
FWIW my upgrade to 0783 was the first my dealer ever did ( before Xmas, & only at my insistance!). Took them 3 tries to achieve the install! Maybe your dealer has had similar learning-curve experience & gave up, having done a partial upgrade to 2.0? I'd expect the upgrade process itself to register the new software level in the car's display, the dealer shouldn't have to type anything like that in - asking for trouble & mistakes if they do!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!
I have the Life version with 0564, and I do have the same issue. Whenever not plugged in and and the car is off when clicking on the stationary air conditioning icon, the car gives a notification that it cant be done and the car needs to be plugged in. Otherwise i can preheat via the app when the car is plugged in in the morning, but i still need to scrape the ice on the windshield in the evening before driving home! I hope they can fix this and the missing departure time thing!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi!
I have the Life version with 0564, and I do have the same issue. Whenever not plugged in and and the car is off when clicking on the stationary air conditioning icon, the car gives a notification that it cant be done and the car needs to be plugged in. Otherwise i can preheat via the app when the car is plugged in in the morning, but i still need to scrape the ice on the windshield in the evening before driving home! I hope they can fix this and the missing departure time thing!
Mines the same and I'm on 2.0 version 0783

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone seen an ID.3 with singel zone climate control without these issues? My car was plugged in in the morning and the battery was around 81%, but couldn’t activate the preheating via the app :( I’m really disappointed. Let’s hope that the big update 2.1 fixes the basic functionalities.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts