Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day 2 with my ZS EV and after several attempts and advice from the Facebook group, I have been unable to download contacts and call history from my Android Smartphone to the car.
I can do it with many other cars using the same phone but not the MG, does anyone else have this issue or have a solution?
The phone is paired with recognised with and paired with Bluetooth.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,114 Posts
Contact sharing I understand but why would you want call history?

If you can wait a week I'll go try on my car. ;)

·
Zoe Devotee
9,114 Posts
Checking the call history helped me check on my wife's infidelity......... isn't that what it is meant for? ;-)
Again why would you want to check call history from the dash of your car?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,114 Posts
Call history is useful for recent missed calls. Easy to dial back, just clicking on the missed call.
But why not call before you start your journey, you really shouldn't be calling folk back when driving. Answering is really for emergency only seeing how much it reduces your concentration. Its probably not even legal to scroll through missed calls to dial someone when driving.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Technically, fiddling with the head unit to find a number is the same as tuning the radio or finding a CD track. Not ideal but not illegal. I quite often use the drive to see my girlfriend, which is about an hour from work, to conduct conference calls. Having the contacts and knowing who is calling is a lifesaver.

·
Registered
276 Posts
But why not call before you start your journey, you really shouldn't be calling folk back when driving. Answering is really for emergency only seeing how much it reduces your concentration. Its probably not even legal to scroll through missed calls to dial someone when driving.
Using the touch screen to access calls via Android Auto or CarPlay is not illegal. However, if doing this and an accident occurs, it will possibly be taken into account. Changing the radio station or following SatNav instructions on the screen is also distracting. As is using the cigarette lighter.

Taking your eyes off the road to look at what is going on in the rear-view or door mirrors also means you are distracted from what is happening in front of you. Looking down at the speedometer to ensure you are doing less than the maximum speed limit as you enter a 30 mph zone, is also dangerous.

People sitting on my tailgate are dangerous. People exceeding the speed limit, or treating it as a target when the road conditions don't warrant it, are dangerous.

Sheep, deer and wild boar wandering around the roads in the Royal Forest of Dean are dangerous.

The number of pot holes on UK roads are dangerous for driving.

Yes, we have to be aware of these dangers, but we also have to earn a living and for a business person a missed call could cause the collapse of a business. A call from a relative might be important.

It may be that 20 years ago we managed without mobile phones, but things have moved on and the world has changed. Is it for the better ?

Voice calling from Android Auto and CarPlay do make things easier. But yes, while in call the brain does work differently than listening to the radio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts