Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Ready to order an e-niro 3 or 4+ on a 2 year lease, looking for opinions on which to go for? Differnce is roughtly £35p/m (more for the 4+)

4+ worth it for:
Heat pump benefits, really hard to get any info on how much difference this makes?!
JBL stereo, is the standard stereo terrible or decent enough?

These are the main things for me, the LED lights are preferable but not a deal breaker nor is the 11kw charging capability or vented seats/sunroof..

Welcome thoughts!!

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't think there's a single must-have feature.
But all this extra for £35 p/m, for me was an easy choice

LED Headlights
Premium ound system
Front parking sensors
Ambient lighting
Heat pump
Sunroof
Intelligent speed limit warning (ISLW)
Blind spot RCTA
Driver memory seat
Heated rear seats
Ventilated front seats
Aluminium pedals
11kW 3-phase charging

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've gone for the 4+, and at that price for me there would be no choice, I'd go with the 4+. If buying, the additional features will help future proof car IMO, but for a lease it is less important but the low additional cost means it makes sense.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
275 Posts
I'd go for it purely for the LED headlights. They are superb on my Soul, presumably the same on the eNiro, and once you have driven with good quality LEDs at night, you wonder how we all managed driving around in the gloom not being able to see much further than the end of the car with normal halogens.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's a personal choice. For me I would only use a couple of the extra equipment and could fit leds if I really wanted, so I went for the 3.

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
69 Posts
I have the current 4 which is similar spec to the 4+ minus a few extras and I have to say the heat pump is pretty impressive. I was driving around the highlands with it last week in 4 degrees and heavy rain and having it on only knocked about 3 or 4 miles of rage off and it was toasty in the cabin. I suspect a resistant heater (which I believe the 3 has) would have a bigger impact on range. But in all honestly, the extra 35 quid a month would be worth it for the range and heat pump in my opinion.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you're looking to maximise range, the heat pump and LED headlights would presumably be helpful. Otherwise it's just personal choice. I'd personally get a 4+ over the 3 given the price difference. Not sure if I'd get a 4+ over a 4 but of course that isn't an option now!

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
374 Posts
It's a personal choice. For me I would only use a couple of the extra equipment and could fit leds if I really wanted, so I went for the 3.
You can’t fit led headlights as after market unless you like breaking the law and possibly voiding your insurance. Sounds dramatic but is I believe true. To fit the Kia original (type approved) light units would be prohibitively expensive and impractical.

I would say it’s a no brainier get the 4+. Heat pump is amazingly efficient. Memory seats important too I reckon. It takes ages to find just the right setting, and if someone moves it. It’s so annoying. I wish I had memory seat on my 4. To fit electric seat but then leave out the memory seat function is sheer madness IMO. I can’t even understand why Kia introduced the 3 frankly, with the 4/4+ selling like hot cakes anyway.

Peter

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can’t fit led headlights as after market unless you like breaking the law and possibly voiding your insurance. Sounds dramatic but is I believe true. To fit the Kia original (type approved) light units would be prohibitively expensive and impractical.

I would say it’s a no brainier get the 4+. Heat pump is amazingly efficient. Memory seats important too I reckon. It takes ages to find just the right setting, and if someone moves it. It’s so annoying. I wish I had memory seat on my 4. To fit electric seat but then leave out the memory seat function is sheer madness IMO. I can’t even understand why Kia introduced the 3 frankly, with the 4/4+ selling like hot cakes anyway.

Peter
Yeah I understand the LED rules very well and commented on a previous thread. Did you also know that even if you have a LED headlight as standard it is illegal to replace just the bulb, you have to actually replace the whole headlight. As no replacement LED bulbs are road legal. So if you have a LED go then it will be pretty expensive to stay legal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi All,

Ready to order an e-niro 3 or 4+ on a 2 year lease, looking for opinions on which to go for? Differnce is roughtly £35p/m (more for the 4+)

4+ worth it for:
Heat pump benefits, really hard to get any info on how much difference this makes?!

These are the main things for me, the LED lights are preferable but not a deal breaker nor is the 11kw charging capability or vented seats/sunroof..

Welcome thoughts!!

Thanks
Hi
was reading your post not sure where your going too get your niro but drive electric have a offer on the 4plus at the moment only £7 more a month then the 3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the replies, classic everyone says 4+ but I opted for the 3 in the end, sounds mad but I was really trying to stick to a budget which the 3 was pushing and the 4+ over. The 3 has more spec on it than any car i've had (including ones that cost me more)!

Won't be the main car in terms of long Journeys (keeping a modern petrol GPF equipped, as clean as ICE can get right now) will be for all the short / medium trips and commute to work (assuming that actually happens some time soon!). Whole air quality thing has resonated with me so trying to buy wiseley to do my bit, sadly can't rid of the car entirely)

@dustyleaf thanks for the heads up, best deal I could find was with leasecar.uk which i've gone with:

24months, 5k p/a, maintained
£885 down
£285 p/m
£206 broker fee

Estimated delivery 3rd week of Feb, not sure how confident I am in that but we'll see!

Seemed a decent deal to me, i'd rather of got one via PCP but was looking at 6k down £399 per month via Kia!

Any obvious front runners in terms of home charger to go for?

Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

4+ worth it for:

Welcome thoughts!!

Thanks
I had the same dilemma. Went 4+ for the front parking sensors, the seat memory and the LED lights.
For me front parking sensors was the deal breaker. My last two cars have had them and my weekend play car has them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the 4+ on my drive, picked up yesterday after a 15 month wait, upgraded from the 4 Definitely the right decision to go for the 4+ memory seats was the main thing I wanted. They’re better than I expected having an easy access and exit feature and the rear view mirrors tip down when reversing. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same choice to make, and opted for a 3. We don't do enough winter miles for the heat pump to make any significant difference, and the cost difference between a 3 and 4+ would have been nearly £1000 over the whole lease. That's a big enough number to sway the decision!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only thing I' like is the 11Kw charger, everything else is a bit luxury.

PodPoint home charger fitting was a doddle. The app works well and provides a nice report on how much you've spent on home charging.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The only thing I' like is the 11Kw charger, everything else is a bit luxury.
Surprised by your comments as I did not think there were many 3 phase chargers around that could let you use the 11kw. It is certainly too expensive to install at home - unless you are in the unusual position of already having a 3 phase electrical supply.

·
Registered
ONTO car hire referral code - a6b57
94 Posts
What's the actual benefit of having this in regards to charging speeds?

Is it only any use if you have 3 phase at home?
We've got quite a lot of 22kWh AC chargers near us, often free to use. V popular with Zoe owners as they can get the full 22kWh, but also with Teslas, which can take 11kWh I believe. So the e Niro would get 11 too at these charge points rather than 7. The ID.3 gets 11kWh AC charging on most versions too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts