Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I thought as a new ion owner travelling about the last couple of weeks that I had discovered the limits of how far the car could go on a full charge. However I may be some way off. When the car was delivered from the dealer it didnt cross my mind to check the tire pressures. Turns out they were all at 27 psi instead of 36. It will be interesting to see how much of a difference a little air will make. Has anyone else any experience in their cars with regards to tyre pressures and range improvement?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I inflating them to 40 when I'm going somewhere far. Last time I had a journey to Birmingham airport, 120 miles one way. Left home with full battery, arrived at rapid after 64 miles with 3 people in the car with 12 miles to spare (3bars left), average speed was 50-55mph.
I'm keeping 36 while I'm in my town.
Btw, just an advice which I found out recently, if you're on rush, it's enough to charge 6-8 minutes on rapid (usually some people finishes their *** in that time), I was getting 35-40 miles of charge from that. I know possible would be 30-32 real world ones (I'm counting 4 miles a bar (900-950wh from the plug), never exceeding 65mph)

·
Registered
427 Posts
You can buy a pen style tyre pressure meter, very handy thing in having EV. I'm checking mine every weekend

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Nero thats great to know about your miles. Have a tyre pressure metre on order.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just realised something

"Last time I had a journey to Birmingham airport, 120 miles one way. Left home with full battery, arrived at rapid after 64 miles with 3 people in the car with 12 miles to spare"

Where did the 3 people come from ?

Sorry Nero its getting late

1 - 6 of 6 Posts