Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Depends in what context I meant it. Walked away from paying £40k for a Kona due to the poor quality of the interior. Hard plastics for one. Quite rightly belong in a sub £20k Hyundai which is where the ICEs top out IIRC....But not in any car with a £35+k price tag.

None of the Korean brands are trying to be “premium”.

I’d say a few hundred 6 month old Hyundais and Kias have passed under my nose professionally in the last year.
Interior plastics scratch and wear easily. Paint and panels are thin and I’ve yet to see a Kia Niro with parking sensors the same colour as the bumpers in which they sit.
I understood that Korean and Japanese companies were the only one's still using oil based paints and European models are forced into water based due to EU directives?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Subconsciously we expect a car with a visibly high quality finish to be more reliable. It's just no true. Two separate things!

·
Registered
406 Posts
The car looks cheap and having to pay for rear speakers? What is this? A Dacia or something.
Do you have a link to that, I have yet to see any firm specs.

Certainly the 1st Edition ID3 is overequipped to be a 'people's car'. That's why I look forward to the base model without the toys that I am not happy paying for.

On the other hand there is clearly a big market for a fully loaded version . No reason why you can't have both at opposite ends of the model range, just like everyone does with ICEs.
You would think so wouldn’t you, not according to VW, they seem to know better!

I can understand not offering the base model as they are obviously making less money on them, but surely they should be welcoming with open arms anyone that wants to give them MORE money!??

61 - 65 of 65 Posts