Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my e-Niro for a month and last night was the first time I ventured out after dark.

I was surprised to find the headlights dipping automatically. I didn't realise that it was a feature and thought something had gone wrong. When I got home, a quick read of the manual revealed that it was called High Beam Assist.

I had no idea that the vehicle had this feature, or even that such a feature exists. Time will tell how reliable it is as I am reluctant to leave the lights on full beam as I think it may [email protected] off other road users.

It got me thinking about how many other features I dont know about :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Haven't driven mine in the much but so far it's been faultless. Going to be a chore in my other car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MY2020 Kia e-Niro 4, received 2 October
33 Posts
Thanks for sharing this, Peter. Can you confirm if you've got a MY2019 First Edition or a MY2020 4?

I didn't think that the e-Niro was equipped with High Beam Assist (much to my annoyance as I really like it on other cars I've driven). I'm waiting on my 4 just now and it would be most welcome if it did come with it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not tried this yet. Do you put them on main beam and they dip or put them on dipped and they go main automatically?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'd venture to say, read the manual to understand how to turn on and where the mode indicator shows on the instrument panel. It is a "mode"

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
53 Posts
Definitely has auto beam, I was using it last night! Although interestingly talking about features, does anyone know what the power button does on the rear view mirror. Tried poking it a few times last night to see what it did. presumed it was the auto dim mirror but didn’t seem to do anything

·
Registered
194 Posts
In the US my mirror has 3 buttons... left to right:

virtual assist
UVO assist
roadside assist

5-35 of my NIRO manual... of course your are in the Niro forum.

What does your manual say?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Definitely has auto beam, I was using it last night! Although interestingly talking about features, does anyone know what the power button does on the rear view mirror. Tried poking it a few times last night to see what it did. presumed it was the auto dim mirror but didn’t seem to do anything
According to the manual auto dimming defaults to on, but the button switches it off if desired, When the auto dimming is on the indicator light on the left should illuminate.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for sharing this, Peter. Can you confirm if you've got a MY2019 First Edition or a MY2020 4?

I didn't think that the e-Niro was equipped with High Beam Assist (much to my annoyance as I really like it on other cars I've driven). I'm waiting on my 4 just now and it would be most welcome if it did come with it!
It's an MY20 4.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not tried this yet. Do you put them on main beam and they dip or put them on dipped and they go main automatically?
As far as I can tell (and from reading the manual) if you put the lights on 'Auto' and then select high beam it will be active. There is apparently an indicator which confirms it is selected but I haven't had a chance to check that. I read it in the manual.

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,647 Posts
As far as I can tell (and from reading the manual) if you put the lights on 'Auto' and then select high beam it will be active. There is apparently an indicator which confirms it is selected but I haven't had a chance to check that. I read it in the manual.
Its Auto high beams on the Kona and 2020 Soul too. So nice on long night trips, and never been flashed by oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My indicator is in the lower right of the drivers display. It seems that it is off by default, but will double check. 2020 Niro EX in USA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts