Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went shopping yesterday in Basildon which is about 10 miles from home, surprised that the multi-story car park in the shopping centre have fitted 4 bays with chargers, no cards required, just pull in, plug in and shop, oh and they are next to the entrance!!

Really basic, non branded (that I could see) chargers, not mapped anywhere and a great surprise. Has anyone else had this where they come across non mapped chargers??

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
What type of charge point were they? For example... were they just 13A sockets? Were they on a post? Etc

Who operated them?

I'll add them to Open Charge Map if you give me the details, locations etc :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Yes Tim... that is the one.

Open Charge Map is an open charge point location database. We can add to it or change it ourselves so we don't have to rely on the charge network operators to add locations or to make updates.

If you have accurate details of charging stations anywhere then you can add them yourself or if you really don't want to get involved in all that then just send me the details and I will always gladly add them for you. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great I'll add them, they were just an outdoor 3 pin plug and a commando socket like used outdoors and caravans not sure if these are useful but my other half shopping obsession led to a final 100% charge and only £1 parking charge! :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Let me know when you have done it and I will review and authorise them. Until they are reviewed they won't appear

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Just a thought... are they officially for charging or are they just sockets that happen to be there?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I was casually using ZCW today for the first time and I realised my unrestricted charger on Saturday in Basildon were in fact ZCW chargers, but are not on their websites, so it looks like a sparky has bought the charger and fitted themselves!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
@Shaunchilds Did you add them twice to OCM? There are 2 entries.

Also, just so I can add the equipment... are these 13A, 3-pin sockets or type 2?

How many sockets/bays are there?

Once I have that info I shall publish them for you :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Paul
I've tried to sign in to OCM to add a location but can't get in. Would you mind adding the following: 32A Type 2 charging point in the Station Car Park, Bradford on Avon, BA15 1DQ. Free to charge, no membership required, parking charge applies. One outlet at present, second to follow when unit is upgraded.

Let me know if you need more info.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No, it's a Wiltshire-council provided charging point. Funded by the Local Sustainable Transport Fund! It's free to use for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
991 Posts
@Darren Griffin Location changed. Can you check it for me please darren and make sure it is now correct. ta.
Bang on, cheers, have added a photo as I used it a few days ago. Quick query, for equipment it has one line entry. This charger has two sockets so should there be two line entries?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
@Darren Griffin If the sockets are the same type... i.e. 2 x type 2 Mennekes, 32A... then just one line but quantity is set to 2.

I have assumed 2 bays and set bays to 2 also. If that is wrong let me know and I will change it :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts