Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Before retirement I drove about 40,000 miles per year on business.
A cardinal rule was to stop every two hours for a walk about a coffee.
With an EV this discipline is imposed. Yet another benefit to driving an EV.

Super Moderator
Before retirement I drove about 40,000 miles per year on business.
A cardinal rule was to stop every two hours for a walk about a coffee.
With an EV this discipline is imposed. Yet another benefit to driving an EV.
Sort of true, except I find I have to stop more like every hour in the Leaf because of it's limited range. In a Model S 85kwh I'd be stopping at something greater than 3 hours.

Registered
Sort of true, except I find I have to stop more like every hour in the Leaf because of it's limited range. In a Model S 85kwh I'd be stopping at something greater than 3 hours.
You just wait you young whippersnapper - in general terms, a Model S's range is greater than that of the average bladder of those old enough to be able afford to purchase one. That's why an i3 REx will do me very nicely - range matches perfectly ;-)

Registered
I agree - I used to stop every 2 hours in an ICE (though only occasional trips). As above the leaf makes it more like an hour at best, so 2x the range would be far more seamless.

Registered
When I first got my Leaf I would almost always, without exception, get a Costa Coffee when charging. This continued until a few weeks ago I started my diet (again!!!) and so now I use the 20-30 mins as an opportunity to walk around the car park and get a bit of exercise.

It does attract a few strange looks from fellow motorists as a march past their car for the 2nd or 3rd time :)

Registered
I was reading a Robert Llewellyn article on G+ earlier on taking a Tesla "S" to Edinburgh in the wake of his previous multi stop 13 hour trip in the LEAF,addressing the need for pit stops..He mentioned the "counter argument" against EV's that someone could do the London to Edinburgh run on a full tank of Diesel..and then says,"You must have better bladder control than Me.." also mentioning the running costs benefits..He reckoned to have spent 拢3 juicing up the Tesla before leaving home,and Zilch on the trip,using free chargers on the way,while saying 拢100 of Diesel might do the Job for the ICE..

Registered
I can't do a coffee every stop... I tend to every-other, which is what leads me to wish for 2x the range. It's more compatible with my coffee intake levels......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts