Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my little shoogle through the steering wheel has turned out to be a bulge in one of the front tyres so I need a new pair. I've decided just to go with a local place I trust as the cost will not be much more than big boys and they are doing a good job with the Elgrand. I was hoping to get 60k out of them but it looks as though it will be around 57.5k before they go to the great playground/park/leisure ground in the sky (I believe they chop them up and recycle them as mats).

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Well my little shoogle through the steering wheel has turned out to be a bulge in one of the front tyres so I need a new pair. I've decided just to go with a local place I trust as the cost will not be much more than big boys and they are doing a good job with the Elgrand. I was hoping to get 60k out of them but it looks as though it will be around 57.5k before they go to the great playground/park/leisure ground in the sky (I believe they chop them up and recycle them as mats).
Frustrating !

But still not a bad innings !

Just thinking about swapping mine front to rear to even the wear out... Would be gutted to replace them already :(

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope cannae complain, that is almost double to what I was expecting comparing with my last car. New tyres will be going on the rears and the old rears on the front, I don't want the original ones ending up perishing before they are worn out.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Nope cannae complain, that is almost double to what I was expecting comparing with my last car. New tyres will be going on the rears and the old rears on the front, I don't want the original ones ending up perishing before they are worn out.
I'm expecting around 60k from mine.
Thinking of swapping fronts and tears at the 40k service this week to even them out for replacement at 60k (ish).
My tyres normally look fairly well perished by the time I replace them ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts