Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in a Zappi in June 2019:
Have had no end of problems with it.Too many to list. Fed up with it to be honest.
~Finally Zappi are replacing the entire unit.
Hope this is the end of my woes.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,981 Posts
Care to list them?

I'm still on the fence as I can just charge with cheap overnight power.

I might be convinced one day.. but I plan to install a pool heater first. Much higher priority.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm really happy with my Zappi. I also had it installed in 2019. It cost me £214 after the grant and a £100 contribution from my employer at the time. I got a free hub as part of the DSR (fred) trial.

Myenergi are really active in continuing the development. The app is still a bit slow and glitchy but the overall package is great and I can control it from the unit itself.

I'd be interested in knowing what issues you're having.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Interested to know what problems you have had? Mine was installed in 2018 and (once settings had been tweaked to suit my GTE) has been fine ever since (it is setup with an eddi for hot water, a harvi to provide extra CTs on solar and battery, and a hub to keep an eye on it all)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Same to above post . I enlarged my solar panel system after DNO approval and then got a Tesla battery and the full myenergi suite including the Zappi v2 in June last year -2020. I think it is brilliant and just hope it remains reliable for many years which is the real test is it not? It is pointless paying the large initial outlay if it ends up giving problems but so far so good.
The app and Zappi just had firmware downloads with the app was meant to become quicker but it is still too sluggish for my liking, especially in comparison to the Tesla app. But all very intelligent how it can heat your hot water, or fill the Tesla battery and or charge the car or just charge the car when excess solar remains, when everything else is sorted. You can just leave it to do its thing.

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
207 Posts
Care to list them?

I'm still on the fence as I can just charge with cheap overnight power.

I might be convinced one day.. but I plan to install a pool heater first. Much higher priority.
🌞 🏊‍♂️🍻

yep agree with your priorities lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts