Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am currently doing a school project regarding electric vehicles and to finish it, I am required to get a number of responses on my survey.

Therefore, I would like to to help me by clicking on the link below and filling out the survey, if you are interested. I am looking for a specific group of people which is very difficult to find anywhere on the internet in the limited time I have, so I would like to also apologize in case I am breaking any rules of the forum by posting the survey here (I haven't read them).

Thank you all in advance.

Electric vehicles consumer study

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Done. Well put together, though if I didn't own an EV, the final question would be difficult or even impossible to answer, seeing as the question starts off with "If you own an electric vehicle...".

Also the "distance travelled" question would be severely modified for everyone, due to the current lockdown situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done. Well put together, though if I didn't own an EV, the final question would be difficult or even impossible to answer, seeing as the question starts off with "If you own an electric vehicle...".

Also the "distance travelled" question would be severely modified for everyone, due to the current lockdown situation.
Thanks.

Yes, I am aware of both things you mentioned. I was hoping that the person that has never owned an EV would simply skip the last question, but I admitt that I should have put there one more option for these particular people.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
A few comments.
Whats the relevance of "children" ? I have two, ages mid 30's. Was that what you were thinking of? I'm guessing not.
Some of the questions are intrusive - why is marital status relevant ?
There is no statement about the use of the info. isnt that usually required in questionnaires of this sort? Id have thought that might be a critical part of the marks for this?
There is no guidance which questions are mandatory and which arent - i clicked submit to see if i could discern that and it accepted a null survey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few comments.
Whats the relevance of "children" ? I have two, ages mid 30's. Was that what you were thinking of? I'm guessing not.
Some of the questions are intrusive - why is marital status relevant ?
There is no statement about the use of the info. isnt that usually required in questionnaires of this sort? Id have thought that might be a critical part of the marks for this?
There is no guidance which questions are mandatory and which arent - i clicked submit to see if i could discern that and it accepted a null survey
Thank you for the feedback.

The information will be used to set up different "personas" that may be interested in buying an EV. In order to determine these personas, I need some indicative data on people's geographic, demographic and behavioural patterns(?). The data that will be gathered thanks to the survey will be only used in academic environement - precisely only in my project.

As for the last comment, there are no mandatory question exactly for the reason you mentioned - intrusiveness - I wanted people to decide on their own which questions they want to fill in or not, even if it meant that some answers will not be 100% accurate or usable.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
OK fair enough but if you are looking at demographics and children perhaps important to understand if they live at home, and might travel in your car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a very good point which I am going to choose to ignore as I have no time to gather new data. haha
Nonetheless, I will consider it in the future, if I am ever going to do another survey.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts