Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving home soon and have been informed by G4S that I can remove my PodPoint charger and take it with me

I'd get an electrician to install it but do you think it is an easy task to carry out the uninstall myself

Any tips?

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
I'm moving home soon and have been informed by G4S that I can remove my PodPoint charger and take it with me
If this was installed using the government grant then I don't think you're allowed to move it for three years... probably worth checking with OLEV because they are getting a little excitable about where 'their' Charging Stations have gone :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
This is also my understanding. I am moving house soon (hopefully) and I will have to get a new one installed at my new house to comply with the 3 year rule.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked with the lady on the phone and she said there was no problem in moving it as long as we notify them of the new address

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Cool! Thx.

Probably better to get a new one if they are still offering them on the grant as I would get installation included.

Not sure if they will still be offering them when I move though so taking it with me might be a good option.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The choice at the moment is move a living breathing charge point that exists or try and sign up for a new install from OLEV. No brainer

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a "sparky" friend down the road from me and he's agreed to remove then install my charger. Thanks for advice though

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
Wonder what happens if you move to an area with no/poor mobile signal for the required data feedback?
Under the old rules the installer required special permission from OLEV and as you can imagine most installers dropped these customers like a stone and moved onto the next telesales contact :(

Under the new rules we have no idea but I doubt OLEV will give up on data capture...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts