Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am currently doing a school project regarding electric vehicles and to finish it I am required to get a number of responses on my survey.

Therefore, I would like you to help me by clicking on the link below and filling out the survey, if you are interested. I am looking for a specific group of people which is very difficult to find anywhere on the internet in the limited time I have, so I would like to also apologize in case I am breaking any rules of the forum by posting the survey here (I haven't read them).

Thank you all in advance.

Electric vehicles consumer study - it is a google documents link

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done but surveys like this can't be much help in understanding why once someone has moved to driving electric, they are invariably hooked from then on.
Thanks for the feedback.

You may as well elaborate a little more if you'd like.

·
Leaf lover
4,577 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

You may as well elaborate a little more if you'd like.
Firstly I assume you have looked at the history of electric vehicles, so the question is, why a resurgence this century?
Because battery technology now makes practical the use of a better way of turning the wheels. It is a simple as that.
That is what Tesla set out to show with their very first prototype roadster, electric motors could now be used to give an equal performance and the range would be good in a sports vehicle. That was about 12 years ago. They have gone on to prove the technology is far superior and they can mass produce desirable affordable models. And in doing so have upset an industry that at first believed they could manage the transition at their own pace and now find themselves struggling to catch up.
There is still a long way to go before an EV becomes a natural choice for all so what I tell people who are not able to find the right model to meet their needs or desires just yet, if you want to help the cause don't buy a new ICE vehicle, just buy used until there is an EV for you.

What do you drive now and what EV do you like the look of?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Firstly I assume you have looked at the history of electric vehicles, so the question is, why a resurgence this century?
Because battery technology now makes practical the use of a better way of turning the wheels. It is a simple as that.
That is what Tesla set out to show with their very first prototype roadster, electric motors could now be used to give an equal performance and the range would be good in a sports vehicle. That was about 12 years ago. They have gone on to prove the technology is far superior and they can mass produce desirable affordable models. And in doing so have upset an industry that at first believed they could manage the transition at their own pace and now find themselves struggling to catch up.
There is still a long way to go before an EV becomes a natural choice for all so what I tell people who are not able to find the right model to meet their needs or desires just yet, if you want to help the cause don't buy a new ICE vehicle, just buy used until there is an EV for you.

What do you drive now and what EV do you like the look of?
Tesla was the only company with vision. Other companies or concerns such as VW are just reacting to the market and EU's policies because they are getting huge fines for exceeding the 95gco2/km rule. So I think it will be quite tough for them to catch up with the technology that Tesla already has.

I'm not driving anything at the moment, I'm a poor student studying abroad, so there isn't even an option for me to buy anything.
I really love the look of Jag i-pace, although it is not one of the cheapest EVs. Also, Im currently having an internship in Skoda auto and I was able to take a little sneak peek at the new EV Enyaq and it looks pretty cool to me as well.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV EXCLUSIVE
61 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am currently doing a school project regarding electric vehicles and to finish it I am required to get a number of responses on my survey.

Therefore, I would like you to help me by clicking on the link below and filling out the survey, if you are interested. I am looking for a specific group of people which is very difficult to find anywhere on the internet in the limited time I have, so I would like to also apologize in case I am breaking any rules of the forum by posting the survey here (I haven't read them).

Thank you all in advance.

Electric vehicles consumer study - it is a google documents link
Done

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Tesla was the only company with vision. Other companies or concerns such as VW
Nissan-Renault alliance saw what is coming and got a in early. Unlike Tesla, their first EVs were not on a pure EV platform even if Nissan and Renault say they are....

BMW-i certainly had a vision and brought two bleeding edge cars to production about the same time as Tesla introduced the Model S. Since then it feels like BMW have back tracked.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
GM spent years & megabucks on their EV1, and the benefits show in the Volt Mk1. Great enginering, but the potential got stifled by I assume the petrolheads there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts