Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am trading in my 16 plate 22kWh Zoe for a 17 plate ZE40. I have put a holding deposit on the ZE40 and it all looks good to me except for one small thing. I noticed that the rectangular badge on the back just says "ZE electric" and not "ZE40 electric".

Has anyone seen this before? Should I be suspicious?

Thanks.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,846 Posts
Hello. I am trading in my 16 plate 22kWh Zoe for a 17 plate ZE40. I have put a holding deposit on the ZE40 and it all looks good to me except for one small thing. I noticed that the rectangular badge on the back just says "ZE electric" and not "ZE40 electric".

Thanks.
IIRC 2017 was when the ZE40 first came out, so both models could have a 17 plate. Have you seen any paperwork that confirms which one it is? Otherwise either check the sticker in the driver’s door jam, or put the registration number into Parker’s valuation guide and see what description comes up. Failing that ring Renault, and confirm whether it’s battery owned or battery leased at the same time.

·
Registered
709 Posts
That badge is the one you get on the 22kWh models. Even the earliest ZE40's I've seen all have the new badge which specifically says 40.

I'd definitely be suspicious. Id be checking all the paperwork and confirming everything with Renault just to be sure.

Its not impossible that they just made a mess in the factory and used the wrong badge, or that a previous owner added it themselves... A few Q90's that I've taken delivery of over the years have had that badge completely missing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That badge is the one you get on the 22kWh models. Even the earliest ZE40's I've seen all have the new badge which specifically says 40.

I'd definitely be suspicious. Id be checking all the paperwork and confirming everything with Renault just to be sure.

Its not impossible that they just made a mess in the factory and used the wrong badge, or that a previous owner added it themselves... A few Q90's that I've taken delivery of over the years have had that badge completely missing.
Thanks. It's not the square ZE badge from the 22kWh models. It is rectangular but is blank where the "40" usually appears. I should have taken a photo of it :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies.
I should have said that I'm buying from a Renault dealer and the paper work does say ZE40. I was thinking it might have been in an accident and the owner put a "fake" badge on afterwards. The dealer ran the HPI check and it came up clean (ie no accident of finance outstanding). I'm probably being paranoid but just thought I'd see if anyone else had seen a badge like this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. It's not the square ZE badge from the 22kWh models. It is rectangular but is blank where the "40" usually appears. I should have taken a photo of it :(
So I guess from your comment that it could be a Q90 and someone has added a badge later. I should have checked that. Do you know how I can tell if it is Q90 or R90?

·
Registered
503 Posts
So I guess from your comment that it could be a Q90 and someone has added a badge later. I should have checked that. Do you know how I can tell if it is Q90 or R90?
Under the bonnet, the R90 has a large black plastic pipe in the centre, Q90 has a metal "box" - there are pics on here somewhere if you do a quick search

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Other signs that it's a ZE40 is the black dash, wheels and if it's a certain paint colour.

You don't mention if it's leased or battery owned, but that's a whole other kettle of fish....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Other signs that it's a ZE40 is the black dash, wheels and if it's a certain paint colour.

You don't mention if it's leased or battery owned, but that's a whole other kettle of fish....
Thanks @DrEskimo
It does have a black dash and the wheels are different to my 22kWh model. I have asked the dealer to send me paperwork to confirm anyway - just to be certain.
The battery is leased (like my old one).
I'm basically just upgrading for the extra range. I've had the small battery one for nearly two years and it is perfect around town but I want to be able to take it on longer journeys without having to recharge. Would really have liked a ZE50 but the budget won't stretch that far atm.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Thanks @DrEskimo
It does have a black dash and the wheels are different to my 22kWh model. I have asked the dealer to send me paperwork to confirm anyway - just to be certain.
The battery is leased (like my old one).
I'm basically just upgrading for the extra range. I've had the small battery one for nearly two years and it is perfect around town but I want to be able to take it on longer journeys without having to recharge. Would really have liked a ZE50 but the budget won't stretch that far atm.
Wouldn't be too worried then. Sounds like it's a ZE40.

You just have a unique badge :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
The final few months of 22's had a rectangular badge like you mention. They were rare but did exist. I think I had 2 of them in my fleet until recently from memory.

My only two guesses are it came without a badge and someone added one, or Renault screwed up and put the wrong badge on if they were made at the very brief period of time where both were still being made - There was a very slight overlap I believe.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The final few months of 22's had a rectangular badge like you mention. They were rare but did exist. I think I had 2 of them in my fleet until recently from memory.

My only two guesses are it came without a badge and someone added one, or Renault screwed up and put the wrong badge on if they were made at the very brief period of time where both were still being made - There was a very slight overlap I believe.
Thanks for that. The dealer has now shown me the paperwork again and it says ZE40 so I'm sure it's fine. I also put the reg in the online Renault Warranty checker and it said ZE40 :)

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
554 Posts
As a final check, what range does the GOM say when it is fully charged. You know the range you get on your 22kWh and a ZE40 will give a range of 136 to 200 miles depending on season. So it should be very obvious if the battery is not as described.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As a final check, what range does the GOM say when it is fully charged. You know the range you get on your 22kWh and a ZE40 will give a range of 136 to 200 miles depending on season. So it should be very obvious if the battery is not as described.
Thanks, yes I have asked them to fully charge it before I collect next week. Then I will know for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for that. The dealer has now shown me the paperwork again and it says ZE40 so I'm sure it's fine. I also put the reg in the online Renault Warranty checker and it said ZE40 :)
Hi.

Where can I find this online Renault warranty checker?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,338 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
My Zoe 22 was also listed as a 40 on the warranty checker.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Thanks.
Hi, sorry to hi-jack this thread but do you mind if I ask what the price difference was to essentially upgrade to the bigger battery?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone for all of your comments. I just collected the car and the GOM said 178. So I'm now 100% sure that it is a ZE40.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts