Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update

Cancel that, Swindon miss read the service manual.
It is needed on the 5th service and then every 5 years.
They did mine on its 6th but forgot to tell me.

Evening all.

I've just got my car back from it's 6th service to which I enquired about the HV coolant flush, as it wasn't done on my 5th service as it was listed as a minor service.
Vauxhall Swindon have informed me that their service documentation now says the HV coolant flush is only done on the 10th year now and not the 5th.

Has anyone been informed of this too?
I've asked them to double check the paperwork as everyone here has been told it is done on the 5th service.
I'm still waiting for feedback on this.

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Mine had the HV coolant done at its 5 service September last year, that was Bellingers. They knew it was to be done.
I'd get it off VX Swindon in writing that the HV coolant change is not required until the 10th service and the Voltec warranty is still valid, VX are looking to dodge the Voltec 8year / 100,000mile warranty as much as possible.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When mine was in for its 8th service earlier this week at Wimbledon, the first thing they did was to confirm it had had its HV coolant changed previously.

He commented that a few owners actually ask for it not to be done....but it could be because they charge £600 for that.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,283 Posts
When mine was done I was told that it was optional and I was asked a couple of times if I definitely wanted it done as it was optional on the 5th service, by this time the car was just approaching the 100k and as a result the warranty was due to expire.

·
Registered
309 Posts
That is because they make most of it up...
This is good news. If they recommend 10yrs for both Amp and Volt now, it will probably be fine for 20yrs so my decision to minimally service my Volt and wait to see what happens is probably not as daft as it might appear to some.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Remember guys, if you ask for your HV coolant to be changed it's highly likely they will change the inverter coolant loop rather than the battery coolant (coolant tank on the right, without the tamper cap)...

You need to ask for the battery coolant to be changed specifically... Or just don't bother like I did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts