Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody on here got any experience of this subscription service... Pivotal, or indeed the previous incarnation Carpe launched in 2018?

Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
58 Posts
No direct experience other than it appears eye-wateringly expensive. Also you don't even get a new car for your £1150 a month for an I-Pace (nor do they even state which version you get - probably an S). If I had 11 points on my licence and this was the only way I could afford to drive a car I might consider it.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No direct experience other than it appears eye-wateringly expensive. Also you don't even get a new car for your £1150 a month for an I-Pace (nor do they even state which version you get - probably an S). If I had 11 points on my licence and this was the only way I could afford to drive a car I might consider it.
Info I posted on another thread 'Evezy M3' ...

So I have followed up on the Pivotal option to see what I could find out, so maybe some more fields to add to the chart above, although difficult to compare based on car spec.

I discussed this for an i-Pace, but suspect the bulk of this applies to other models available. (In fact they do all models, just need to ask for a quote if not listed).
First off this is not the base model S (as you might have expected), it is for HSE spec, or maybe SE spec.

RRP SE = £69,425
RRP HSE = £74,425

Zero availability in 48hrs. (this would be minimum wait, typically 10-14 days) as due to lockdown easing... cars are being snapped up.
However, able to fulfil in 5 weeks as of today.
The fleet is mostly 19 or 69 plate vehicles, although a third are actually brand new and they aim to get to a 50/50 split of new to nearly new.
Oldest vehicle would be 18 months so they can de-fleet at max. 2yrs. assuming that hadn't happened already.
I double checked on costs as I discovered one place it said joining fee was ex. VAT. which turns out to be a typo. All prices are inc. VAT.
Still think £550 joining fee for 2 people is ridiculously expensive (half the monthly subscription cost!).
Only 1 physical key supplied (they keep the spare for backup, security etc. and cost of getting a third key is expensive.) Still some on here will see 1 physical key as a must have solution.
Delivery service to the door and same for collection.
"Pivotal is a concierge service where the car will be delivered to you and a full handover provided to ensure that you get the best driving experience from day one."
First delivery to home address, later ones to one of your choice (home, work etc.)
Tow hook or other type accessories, need to ask and not guaranteed, but in all likelihood will aim to match requirements.
Colour choice available too, but that might mean SE spec in first choice, HSE in second choice colour dilemma decisions :unsure:
Carrying dogs is fine, but obviously car needs to be cleaned before return to state it was in at handover. (JLR kinda expect this as target market is essentially outdoor types.)
2 drivers is max allowed, no option to add any more. Forgot to ask if that alters with using your own insurance, which is an option.
Can be a subscriber as buisness too, so appropriate paperwork available for that.
After 3 months can pause subscription, hand back car and basically do nothing for as long as you like. Once over a year they would need to do licence checks again (standard practise across industry), but £550 joining fee covers you for life, so foc on any repeats.

Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I signed up for this subscription service and planned to get a car after a holiday break, which we have just completed.
Confirmed today that we will be getting a brand new 70 plate Jaguar i-Pace HSE delivered to the door on Monday 7Sept. So far the process has been really simple via email and phone and Pivotal have been very responsive.
Its been a long wait to have an EV for a sustained period of time, having waited almost a year with ONTO (formerly Evezy) for a Tesla M3P, so really looking forward to some trips in the UK for at least the next 3 months and then we will decide what to do next.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have a lovely black cat sat on the drive this morning.
Delivered by Mannheim from Bruntingthorpe, Lutterworth so just 66 miles on the clock.
75% charge, so plugged into Zappi and topping it up ready for some fun.

Reactions: Bill N

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,531 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's very nice.
Do you mind me asking whether it has any extras on top of HSE spec? It looks like it has the pano roof?
My 2 year old SE is due to go back in October and I'm highly tempted by the Pivotal scheme -
really I'm waiting for a Mk2 IPace but I don't know how long that will be and the 2 year deals are rubbish at the moment.
I'd like the air suspension option again though!
Thanks.

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
Well I have a lovely black cat sat on the drive this morning.
Delivered by Mannheim from Bruntingthorpe, Lutterworth so just 66 miles on the clock.
75% charge, so plugged into Zappi and topping it up ready for some fun.
View attachment 134584
You may have already said, but what spec model is that? (Edit - I see in your earlier spec it's HSE. Very nice)

Also, on their FAQs they say towing is prohibited - can you confirm if you can ask for one with a hook?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That's very nice.
Do you mind me asking whether it has any extras on top of HSE spec? It looks like it has the pano roof?
My 2 year old SE is due to go back in October and I'm highly tempted by the Pivotal scheme -
really I'm waiting for a Mk2 IPace but I don't know how long that will be and the 2 year deals are rubbish at the moment.
I'd like the air suspension option again though!
Thanks.
I asked a dealer last week about the 2021 model and deliveries are due to start next month in the U.K.
I don’t yet have the info on what options are on this car, but suspect it has a few. Air suspension and pano roof for sure. Been a busy day so not had anytime to investigate, but have to say process of acquiring has been simple and even more so just getting the car, plugging it in to charge and simply driving, with no issues or trying to find buttons/controls etc. Its a great drivers car and reminds me of why we both enjoyed our day at Millbrook test driving well over a year ago now.

Been on a visit to my home stomping ground to meet up with my intake year of apprentices, as it was 50 years ago today that we all started on our journeys.
No points for guessing where, but the black cat looks great with this backdrop.
I used to live just the other side of the common.

Got a Polestar 2 test drive booked this Saturday in Banbury, so looking forward to turning up in the black cat and comparing.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You may have already said, but what spec model is that? (Edit - I see in your earlier spec it's HSE. Very nice)

Also, on their FAQs they say towing is prohibited - can you confirm if you can ask for one with a hook?
When I spoke with them, they seemed pretty accommodating about accessories, options etc. So you just need to ask for what you want and they should be able to provide that, even if you need written permission for some aspects during the subscription.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
16 Posts
Many thanks for your updates - very interesting.
Looks like you have the privacy glass and black window surround options too.
The whole deal is strangely opposite to a lease - there you pay in full for the options, whereas with Pivotal you are paying nothing (extra) for them.

By coincidence we went to test drive the Polestar 2 last Sunday.
It's a very sorted, competent car but you'll not be disappointed that you chose the Jag!
The Polestar drives well and it's particularly better in stop/start driving. My wife much preferred driving it to the IPace because it seems smaller.
I didn't think the handling is quite as sharp as the IPace and the initial accelerator response is more dulled so not as exciting.
Also the fabric weave interior makes it feel very ordinary inside, especially sitting in the rear seats.
Ride quality (standard suspension) is good but crashes a bit on poor surfaces - I was quite pleased to get back to my air suspension.
So overall just not as 'special' as the Jag but I guess that's what the £20k extra buys you!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Many thanks for your updates - very interesting.
Looks like you have the privacy glass and black window surround options too.
The whole deal is strangely opposite to a lease - there you pay in full for the options, whereas with Pivotal you are paying nothing (extra) for them.

By coincidence we went to test drive the Polestar 2 last Sunday.
It's a very sorted, competent car but you'll not be disappointed that you chose the Jag!
The Polestar drives well and it's particularly better in stop/start driving. My wife much preferred driving it to the IPace because it seems smaller.
I didn't think the handling is quite as sharp as the IPace and the initial accelerator response is more dulled so not as exciting.
Also the fabric weave interior makes it feel very ordinary inside, especially sitting in the rear seats.
Ride quality (standard suspension) is good but crashes a bit on poor surfaces - I was quite pleased to get back to my air suspension.
So overall just not as 'special' as the Jag but I guess that's what the £20k extra buys you!
Have to agree the options that come on the car are all bonuses, so wasn’t expecting as much as there is, so a lovely surprise. Glad I said to go with HSE preference rather than colour choice, as may have just been an SE spec car.

trying to get a definitive list of options, out of interest, but haven’t had a full factory list provided yet.

From what I can tell it has the following options...
Santorini Black metallic paint £735
Privacy glass £395
Fixed Panoramic roof £995
Black exterior pack £360
Ebony Morzine headlining £255
Click and go integrated base unit £205
Four zone climate control £630
Twin front cup holders with cover £50
Luxury carpet mats £184

£3809 of options which makes it well over £78K and maybe nearer £80K...

and I suspect some other options which cannot be seen physically, like suspension options, or tracker etc.

So adding the options means it’s near £80K which is a serious amount of money that I would not consider paying for a new car. So happy JLR have Pivotal options. ;)

Edit update...
just been advised that the above is correct along with....
Electronic air suspension £1120
Cabin air ionisation with PM 2.5 filter £85

which makes options £5014 and £79.4K total.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
72 Posts
I emailed to ask about specs - looks like HSE is the expected level across the range, so considering signing up when my current lease ends. I priced up an ipace HSE over 2 years (shortest lease term) and 15k miles a year and it came out as over £1k with 3 months down. As a man with 3pts and a claim in the last couple of years my insurance is pretty poky too. So I’m thinking maybe ipace for the summer and a Velar for the winter, with the option to take advantage of any new EVs they may launch. Interstwe to see how burnt_crisp’s getting on with the ipace!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Loving the i-Pace, it’s such a great drivers car. Wife and I are almost fighting over who gets to drive it each day.
If I have to pop out to the post office, I find myself taking a very long route back home just to enjoy the sheer pleasure of driving this car.
Been a doddle to charge via either Solar or Agile using Zappi and yet to use any public chargers, but have some plans in place to test some out soon.
I drive EV’s like any car, so I am not about to limit climate control, comfort, performance or anything else, so i won’t be posting loads of stats about eco this and that etc. I want a car you just get in and drive off without a second thought about controls, placement. The black cat fits the bill perfectly;)(y)

Reactions: andy from embsay

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I’m thinking maybe ipace for the summer and a Velar for the winter, with the option to take advantage of any new EVs they may launch.
That sounds like a great idea. No winter range issues for sure and the Velar is a lovely motor. Think the XJ is the next Jag due with a longer range, circa 300 miles.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got the impression that the scheme (at the moment, anyway) allows a degree of choice even though the “rules” say it doesn’t - was your experience that they say “here’s what we’ve got available, which one d’you want?” - which would mean that whilst you couldn’t spec up a car exactly, you could still decide what compromises you’re willing to make (eg spec v colour, options v age etc)?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got the impression that the scheme (at the moment, anyway) allows a degree of choice even though the “rules” say it doesn’t - was your experience that they say “here’s what we’ve got available, which one d’you want?” - which would mean that whilst you couldn’t spec up a car exactly, you could still decide what compromises you’re willing to make (eg spec v colour, options v age etc)?
That is essentially the way it seems to operate at present. All depends on availability of current fleet or new models due to arrive.
I didnt get a call to determine a choice as I knew it would be a 70 plate brand new HSE, based on timing (new reg month), so wasnt too concerned about colour, as had understood maybe a red one (first colour choice) would be an SE version if it was an available option. Guess it depends a lot on when you call to discuss, but they basically stated they would try and match requirements to cars, so might strike lucky and get it within days, or maybe weeks. If you need say a towbar as a must have, then expect that will be found relatively easily as its really the JLR domain for countrified types, not pigeon holeing anyone ;) I suspect colour choice is the thing most people will pass on to get the spec of car they need.

Reactions: andy from embsay

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Picked up a voicemail on my return home today to discover Pivotal are doing an ’offer’ on the I-pace which means it’s now only £950 a month for up to 6 months. Bargain 👍
Assume this applies to new subscribers also.

Reactions: RichT and cah197

·
Registered
I pace hse 69 plate
2 Posts
I also received a call from the pivotal rep with the good news. My replacement I pace is due December and was told it would be a hse the same spec as I have at present so all good news

1 - 20 of 23 Posts