Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Interesting! I’ve told them today i want a MY21 HSE iPace from mid-April - they’re ringing me back in mid-March to tell me what I can have.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've just been speaking to Pivotal about getting an IPace from the end of March. It turns out they have run out of HSEs on the special offer :(.
I have been allocated an Eiger Grey SE with black pack etc.
So if anybody cancels their HSE reservation please let me know!
What options did they give you? Could you have taken an HSE if you paid the full price?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was told there are a few Grey, Silver and Black SEs still available on the offer.
I did ask about waiting for a non-discounted HSE but I got the impression there weren't any HSEs in the pipeline.
I have been wondering about waiting for a MY21 HSE instead - I'd save the 6x£200 discount by delaying a month anyway.
Did they mention the offer availability at all?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was told there are a few Grey, Silver and Black SEs still available on the offer.
I did ask about waiting for a non-discounted HSE but I got the impression there weren't any HSEs in the pipeline.
I have been wondering about waiting for a MY21 HSE instead - I'd save the 6x£200 discount by delaying a month anyway.
Did they mention the offer availability at all?
No, they didn’t mention the offer at all, they just said it’d definitely be a MY21 in April - I can wait a bit longer if necessary anyway as I can hang on to my current car for another month if needed (or drive the kids’ i10!). The website doesn’t actually say the £950 is a limited time offer anyway, does it (though they do seem a bit cavalier about accuracy on their website - for an FCA regulated company they seem happy for me to sign a document that says they’ll provide insurance but then tell ne I have to insure it myself!)?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Actually the website does say "Limited Offer £950 a month: Available only on new I-PACE subscriptions taken between January and March."
But then last year it said December was the deadline.
So I asked to delay my subscription as long as I could and still get the offer (we really don't need another car at all at the moment!)
And I was told that there were a limited number of vehicles available on the deal (ie. in March), rather than a specific cut off date for vehicle delivery.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Don't plan on getting an electric XJ on this service. They just cancelled it.
Not really surprising as SUV’s are the hot selling model style and likely to stay that way for a while.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Actually the website does say "Limited Offer £950 a month: Available only on new I-PACE subscriptions taken between January and March."
But then last year it said December was the deadline.
So I asked to delay my subscription as long as I could and still get the offer (we really don't need another car at all at the moment!)
And I was told that there were a limited number of vehicles available on the deal (ie. in March), rather than a specific cut off date for vehicle delivery.
I’m not sure if I’ve got a wonky website but all the one I’m looking at shows is the iPace with a green £950 on it! They told me the self-insurance bit was in the FAQs as well and I can’t find any reference to it!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Reactions: andy from embsay

·
Registered
44 Posts
So does anybody know whether Pivotal have started to offer 21-plate HSEs yet? And if so is the £950 special offer still available on those?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
So does anybody know whether Pivotal have started to offer 21-plate HSEs yet? And if so is the £950 special offer still available on those?
Yes. I am in the process of doing my first switch/swap and getting another brand new Eiger Grey HSE 21 plate, which will replace the Santorini Black HSE 70 plate. Expect to swap next week. £950 offer is open till end of March. No guarantee you will get an HSE though, might be SE spec. I opted for HSE spec over colour choice which worked for me.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you that is useful to know. I have a MY21 SE allocated to me for the end of the month but from the paperwork I can now see it is a 70 plate registered in December. I suspect they registered a whole batch at the end of 2020 to get their carbon credits. I think I will talk to Pivotal on Monday.

·
Registered
79 Posts
UPDATE - sorry I was being an absolute fool and missed it was actually this thread! on Page 2.

Has anybody looked into Excess waiver insurance products, I remember reading somewhere but cannot find it, could have been Speak EV, ipace Forums or the FB group but someone mentioned in the context of the excess going from £500 - 1000 that they had a hire car excess cover for it anyway, all the ones I have looked at have 60 days max though, does anyone have any idea if such a provider exists?

I spoke to Aegias who offer a product but the insurance needs to be in the drivers name where as with Pivotal it is a business policy so wouldnt work.

·
Registered
759 Posts
UPDATE - sorry I was being an absolute fool and missed it was actually this thread! on Page 2.

Has anybody looked into Excess waiver insurance products, I remember reading somewhere but cannot find it, could have been Speak EV, ipace Forums or the FB group but someone mentioned in the context of the excess going from £500 - 1000 that they had a hire car excess cover for it anyway, all the ones I have looked at have 60 days max though, does anyone have any idea if such a provider exists?

I spoke to Aegias who offer a product but the insurance needs to be in the drivers name where as with Pivotal it is a business policy so wouldnt work.
IIRC
I used to use them for covering the excess on my car club insurance and I'm sure they also cover Pivotal too.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

Pivotal, like ONTO is a rolling renewable monthly contract, so falls within the requirements of Insurance4CarHire which is what people have successfully used with ONTO. Link here... European Car Hire Excess Insurance | insurance4carhire

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just got off the phone with insurance4carhire and they advised it does not cover pivotal because it is not a new rental in less than 60 days, not sure if you have got anything in writing but be aware. We all know how slimy these companies can be.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts