Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Just got off the phone with insurance4carhire and they advised it does not cover...
Think this is an ongoing problem with these companies. Over the last probably 2 years there has been numerous posts on different forums regarding car subscription being covered or not covered by this and other excess insurance policies. Many have been told they do cover, others they don’t. Seems to be a case of who answers the phone that day. Many have had successful claims (ONTO) and are still stating that to be the case. Pivotal is no different to ONTO in it’s a monthly renewable agreement. ONTO recently changed their scheme such that you physically ‘sign’ a new agreement each month, whereas previously it was like pivotal and it just auto billed each month.
The insurance business is based on the likelihood that it doesn’t happen and there have been many on the forums suggesting it’s best not to call these insurers to see if Pivotal/ONTO are covered, as they may well stop selling this to any subscription type consumers, but it can be purchased online with little interaction.
There is a grey area between the wording of max 60 days and a monthly renewable agreement.
Invoices say it’s for a month.
Policy document states...
This Policy covers You for multiple Rental Agreements during the Period of Insurance. The maximum period of any single Rental Agreement should not exceed 60 continuous days.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Kinda forgotten about that as I’m well past that stage now. Valid point and I guess it can be argued as still only monthly payment period, but they would win I expect. Shame it’s not 2 months.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
My 6 months flip/swap time was due start of March and a little later than expected now have another brand new I-Pace HSE in Eiger Grey, so it’s a GreyCat this time around. Also great to be informed the price stays the same £950 a month (for me) as I was expecting it to go back up to the original £1150.
Have to say I do like a good HUD and the Jag is excellent having been out in it for a quick spin.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was doubtful when Pivotal offered me an Eiger Grey SE with black pack, black wheels etc. but it looks fantastic - far better than I expected.
Good news about the price too - hopefully it will last as I suspect I will waver if/when it jumps to £1150.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
How difficult was it to get one with a tow bar option?
Not got one as don’t need it, but if needed it’s just ask for it up front. I suspect a lot require them.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Good news about the price too - hopefully it will last as I suspect I will waver if/when it jumps to £1150.
The email I had states it will go up to £1000 after end of April, so switch just in time for current £950.
So it’s still £150 cheaper a month going forward.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Interesting - I just checked and Pivotal's web site now says £1000 per month with no mention of an expiry date. So that's good news!
The only grumble I have is that the car didn't come with green EV plates. Did they manage that for yours?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I just checked and Pivotal's web site now says £1000 per month
I just looked and hadn’t realised all the ‘bands’ had gone up by £100/month so Indigo is £1250 now and the push for destination zero is the reason the I-pace is much lower.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Eek that's getting expensive - so now the IPace is actually discounted more.
I did ponder why an Evoque was so close to the price of an IPace (had been wondering whether I could get a plug-in EPace/Evoque for the ski season!)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Eek that's getting expensive - so now the IPace is actually discounted more.
Still cheaper than ONTO I-pace at £1299/month, although they do include free charging from Shell, BP Pulse and next month Instavolt and min. 1 month.
Evoque used to be £750 so not so bad. Pity JLR don’t have more EV’s this year.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Yes that's sort of why I joined Pivotal - to drive their new EVs. Actually a v2 IPace would be nice - surely they can find a 10% power boost from the same hardware?
Agreed, only a facelift so far really. Since original launch they have had time to improve the DC charging rate (150 - 200KW) and probably better range too. Still a really brilliant performance car with great driving dynamics, but 800V power trains are already here via Hyundai/Kia so any 400V setup, is effectively semi obsolete.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 · (Edited)
I went across to the new Moto services at Rugby yesterday late afternoon to check the Tritium chargers out.
Charged OK foc. Arrived with 15%, got to 75% in just over 40mins with 55kW pumped in.
So range (GOM) said 187 miles which is about right for 250 miles when full and half way home noticed the range had changed to 85 miles at 61% SOC .... wtf
Very odd.
All the apps and in the car said the same, so today did a GOM reset and it didnt change at all.
Tried several times.
Anybody else had some oddity like this with a brand new 21my i-pace?
Any thoughts on how to reset it? (12v disconnect?)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had something similar when I went to Oxford a week ago. Arrived with 75% charge, GOM at around 190 miles.
But when I left a couple of hours later GOM said 105 miles even though battery was still on 75% charge.
GOM went down at around half the normal rate all the way home (50 miles), ending at 75 miles. It went back to normal once I had charged the car again.
I'm presuming there will be a s/w update for all new MY21 cars at some point (mine still shows version as blank) but I'm long past chasing those!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
. It went back to normal once I had charged the car again.
I'm presuming there will be a s/w update for all new MY21 cars at some point (mine still shows version as blank) but I'm long past chasing those!
Did you fully charge or was it a partial charge?
Car has had about 8kW from solar today, but still under reading range and I did the reset after that charge.
I keep seeing the text … s/w update soon, but nothing about when and no way of finding out either.
Most odd.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The GOM was definitely reading OK after a full charge a few days later. I did do a few short journeys before that but I can't recall if the GOM was still broken for them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Going back to Pivotal's pricing - Yesterday I test drove an EQA with my wife. It's nice but quite expensive considering it's FWD and comparability slow. In fact a 2 year PCP on a mid-range specification works out as around £1000 per month (including deposit). The same applies to a decent spec VW ID.4. That makes Pivotal's £950 (or £1000) per month for the IPace look like excellent value. Obviously though there will be some Mercedes/VW discounts going forward.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts