Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I found some old posts about the GOM in the previous model, which kinda explains what might be the case for the 21my car, although it might not. They stated doing a reset didn’t change anything due to the nature of the issue. It just seems bizarre that it can change mid journey. It would have made more sense if it had been after the rapid charge. Will fully charge the car in the next day or two and see if it gets it’s act together.

ONTO are due to announce some new cars, which might be ID.3 or EQA, but it will be a German brand they have said.

Think more manufs will start down the subscription route soon, so it should help drive the competitive pricing.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I had something similar when I went to Oxford a week ago.
I checked the software updates and the car did one last Friday, so that probably explains why the GOM is way off.
Like all software updates, they fix 10 issues and introduce 10 new ones 😏

Attachments

Reactions: RichT

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Well I fully charged last night as it was an Agile almost zero cost night.
Car is fully charged but still says in the dashboard that range is 185 miles.
Same in the apps. But bizarrely it says its only a 66.8kWh battery when it should be 85kWh.
And oddly one of the screens in infotainment (EV) shows a 100% charge with a predicted range of 253 miles.

Have emailed all tech info to Pivotal (to forward on), because there does not appear to be a support email for Jaguar.

Attachments

Reactions: no_ngins

·
Registered
90 Posts
I’ve just had a black MY21 HSE iPace allocated for a swap when my Etron goes back in June. Glass roof, privacy glass, wireless charger and secure tracker. I’m assuming mine will be £925 a month because they won’t insure in the crime-ridden hellhole meanstreets of the Yorkshire Dales (Bratfud postcode, tha’ knows). I’ll miss my super-fast charging on the Etron (still getting 90kWh at 90% charge) but the HSE looks amazingly well specced and sounds awesome to drive. Will probably stick with iPace until they sort salary sacrifice out in my new job then I feel a Taycan Cross Turismo calling…

·
Registered
90 Posts
I’ve just had a black MY21 HSE iPace allocated for a swap when my Etron goes back in June. Glass roof, privacy glass, wireless charger and secure tracker. I’m assuming mine will be £925 a month because they won’t insure in the crime-ridden hellhole meanstreets of the Yorkshire Dales (Bratfud postcode, tha’ knows). I’ll miss my super-fast charging on the Etron (still getting 90kWh at 90% charge) but the HSE looks amazingly well specced and sounds awesome to drive. Will probably stick with iPace until they sort salary sacrifice out in my new job then I feel a Taycan Cross Turismo calling…
Update: £900 a month as the self-insure discount is now £100. So I live in an area classified as lowest risk by the insurers but because Pivotal don’t distinguish between BD postcodes I get to self-insure. So will be £50 a month or so up on the deal.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Just an update on my odd range issue that coincides with a software update. 187 mile range suddenly drops to 80 miles???
I contacted Pivotal with all the details and asked how to proceed, or for them to forward to the correct JLR support team. They came back fairly quickly and said I should contact a local dealership and progress that way.
Looked at dealer map, to discover in the middle of a black hole. Nearest dealers are Nottingham and Milton Keynes, same mileage to each. Looked at websites and decided MK looked better with a newer facility, only a few years old.
Called and spoke with ‘reception’ and explained issue and requested an email address so could get full story to correct people and they were to call me back later on Thursday. No call of course, so followed up on Friday. Couldn’t get through on phone, so used website chat. Went through same process of giving details and asked to get me booked in for a diagnostic service visit and they said would email back with details of when first option would be.
No response on Monday, so again called and no answer, just in long queue, so did chat option again. Same set of details yet again. Got an email on Tuesday saying they had got an email? And could I call to… guess what confirm details and arrange a visit. Give me strength. Called yet again and finally spoke with someone and guess what, same set of info yet again. First opportunity for a visit is on day 7th June! and that is basically because they only have one trained engineer for EV’s. Makes not to oneself to call the other dealer(s) and find out how many EV trained engineers they have.
I’m actually away that week so it will be the following week Of course.
it beggars belief how poor service/support is and the total lack of comms and contact capture.
As a retired Customer Services Manager I am appalled that it’s still this bad when decades ago I was driving these contact issues to obscurity in the tech orgs I worked for. Customers don’t do all the running around, orgs do that as part of their excellence in support.

Hats of to Pivotal, who came back to me via email to see if the issue was resolved. I responded with a full account of my poor service and quite rightly they called me 1to discuss and would be providing feedback to the dealer.

The range seems to have fixed itself after several trips and full charges. Last car didn’t do this, so assume it’s some software issue with the range algorithms, but could be sensors and/or traction battery etc. The advice is still to get diagnostics run to determine if there was/is any issue.

Still loving the car and will post some info on differences between previous 20my and this 21my car soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like a total faff. I guess we're well past the days back in 2018 when you could just turn up at the dealer unannounced and the friendly technician would pop out to reset your IPace's blank infotainment screen! Recently I've been staggered that it generally takes about 10 calls before I can even get through to the service dept. at my local dealer.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,780 Posts
Just a quick heads-up, the current lead time on an iPace is 12 weeks.

So you'll have to make do with a Range Rover sport or new Defender while you wait for one.

/first world problems

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
All manufs are suffering from semiconductor shortages, which are slated to last at least another year.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
A quick update on the range issue.
I am on hols in Suffolk this week and did a rapid charge yesterday evening in readiness for returning on Saturday.
And guess what, the GOM/range is all screwy again. Showing 100% soc, range shows 174miles when should be ~245 and MyPace app shows battery as 66.55kWh.
Seems it’s associated with rapid charging and I have done very little of that so far.
Handy as it’s booked into Jaguar dealer mk on Monday for diagnostics.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine is still not showing any sign of a s/w update so I'm stuck with the original MY21 version. All the usual bugs like range not updating in app etc. Also it loses the ability to view/control the driver's side climate control temperature, which is awkward as that often resets to 'Lo'! Luckily an infotainment system resets normally sorts it out. Strangely since it's not actually my car it doesn't really bother me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine is still not showing any sign of a s/w update so I'm stuck with the original MY21 version. All the usual bugs like range not updating in app etc. Also it loses the ability to view/control the driver's side climate control temperature, which is awkward as that often resets to 'Lo'! Luckily an infotainment system resets normally sorts it out. Strangely since it's not actually my car it doesn't really bother me.
I had the issue that I was stuck on November 20 version, has to have a dealer software update the TCU (or other 3 letter acronym beginning with T), am eagerly awaiting if I get the newest one, left the dealer on 2.0.8 which I believe is the latest -1.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I had the issue that I was stuck on November 20 version, has to have a dealer software update the TCU (or other 3 letter acronym beginning with T), am eagerly awaiting if I get the newest one, left the dealer on 2.0.8 which I believe is the latest -1.
My 21my car did an update a few days are getting it.
Last installed software update:
Name: OS 2.0.8a P13AX4
Installed 30 April 2021

At the time I thought that was what caused the gom/range issue, but it would appear to be rapid charging.

·
Registered
44 Posts
stuck on November 20 version, has to have a dealer software update the TCU
That's interesting - my car was built in Nov 20 (but not delivered until April 21).
I'm going to resist visiting the dealer for as long as possible - previously I got fed with them for always keeping my car for a couple of days but not actually acknowledging faults.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's interesting - my car was built in Nov 20 (but not delivered until April 21).
I'm going to resist visiting the dealer for as long as possible - previously I got fed with them for always keeping my car for a couple of days but not actually acknowledging faults.
That is fair, I must say the latest software has fixed the laggy reversing camera but has introduced new issues like the most random climate control iv ever seen, sure id like cooled seat mode on, wait you mean nothing, no wait again you mean heated, yeh sure that works! love the car but the software is beyond buggy, the Nav yesterday just refused to re centre until reboot, luckily I had it on the driver display so could use that but again not what you expect in the price point, not that I am moaning I do it through Salary Sacrifice so get it for net £500 ish a month.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts