Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evening all is there anyway that I can check that the updates have been uploaded to my MG we are picking it up tomorrow and the round trop from the dealers to home is 128 miles?. I wondered if there is any way to check what software update the car has had installed.
I don't fancy the run back to them to update software that should have been done.
we have a pod point fitted and am hoping that the update for the timed charging has been done is there anyway to check this before we leave the dealership?
again thanks for all the answers received regarding questions that I have asked on the Forum so far.
cheesr for any input regarding this or any other advice regarding the collection tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
To my knowledge, there is no way the general public can view their software settings.
When I contacted my own dealership, to enquire if my car had indeed received the charging update prior to collection.
The service advisor said:- "Just hold the line a few mins".
He returned a couple of mins later to say.
"I have just spoken to the dedicated EV Tech who confirmed your car DID indeed receive the update before delivery".
Most medium sized dealerships will only have 1 maybe 2 EV trained Tech's.
This is common across most makes.
So it is extremely likely that the guy that performed your PDI check, will have conducted the update.
My guess is the car will have had it's PDI very recently, so ask the service department to speak to him.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I would ask them to demonstrate timed charging. Turn off power to the wall socket. Connect the car. Close doors and lock car. Wait 5 minutes or so. Turn on power to the socket/car and observe it starts charging.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I would ask them to demonstrate timed charging. Turn off power to the socket wall socket. Connect the car. Close doors and lock car. Wait 5 minutes or so. Turn on power to the car and observe it starts charging.
Good shout Paul !.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts