Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

some advice please.

I am 14 months into a 3 year PCP deal on a Leaf 40. It does everything I need, but more range would be nice. How do I go about enquiring how to swap it in for an e+ - other than going to local dealer and getting ripped off!

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Once you are half way in you can end the PCP early by paying off the balance. See how much you can get for your Leaf 40 at 18 months and call the finance company to get the settlement cost.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once you are half way in you can end the PCP early by paying off the balance. See how much you can get for your Leaf 40 at 18 months and call the finance company to get the settlement cost.
Thanks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi folks,

some advice please.

I am 14 months into a 3 year PCP deal on a Leaf 40. It does everything I need, but more range would be nice. How do I go about enquiring how to swap it in for an e+ - other than going to local dealer and getting ripped off!
You can pay off your PCP any time , I paid mine off after 3 months and kept all the benefits like deposit contribution and 2 years free servicing. Just ask RCI for a settlement figure. Dont be afraid to ask dealers for what deals are about. I recently upgraded to the E+ and got a very fair PX price for my 40kw and the E+ demo car i got was a good price as well.

(I think you can end PCP by just handing back the car keys after 1/2 the term is paid )

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You cannot end a PCP agreement by just handing the keys back unless you pay half the total amount payable under the agreement not just half way thru the payment term.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,507 Posts
You cannot end a PCP agreement by just handing the keys back unless you pay half the total amount payable under the agreement not just half way thru the payment term.
Yes, just checked my RCI PCP and this is indeed the case.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I checked the price for a 62kwh N-Tec on carwow then, armed with this knowledge and the WeBuyAnyCar price of my 40kwh Leaf contacted my dealer. In the end my trade in price was very good, despite us having a few scratches and a dent in the rear bumper.
WeBuyAnyCar are known to drop their prices once you go to make the trade, but my dealer matched the quoted price.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
If you've paid half (of the TOTAL initial purchase price, including the GFV), you can Voluntary Terminate the agreement, which means handing them the car back and walking away. Typically though, the GFV means you wont reach that point until near the end of the term.

Otherwise, you can choose to settle up the finance as described, ask for a settlement price, pay it, the car is now yours.

The Dealer will also be able to do the same thing if your buying a new car, and they're taking your old one in as exchange. However if the settlement amount is more than the cars worth, you'll need to pay the extra (or sometimes add it to your new finance agreement). If the settlement is less than its worth, then the dealer will use the difference as a deposit on the new model.

Really, before you do anything, you need to know what your current position is. How much is paid off, how much is remaining, whats the vehicles value etc.

·
Mrs Renwich
Leaf 62 E+ x 2
71 Posts
I've just traded my 40 in for a 62 Tekna e+ half way through the 4 year plan. Got a great deal so very happy. And as it's our 5th Leaf the garage know us - the Sales person we spoke to was new and got told by the Finance guy that we know more about Leafs that anyone that works there 😂 We made it a bit more complicated by trading in two cars (teenagers ICE car that has not been used) on a PCP but it has all gone smoothly (touch wood - pick up tomorrow!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts