Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the battery charge gets to around 50% (according to the dial or mileage) I usually charge to around 70% or 80% before disconnecting the cable - I don't do a lot of mileage. Today it was around 60% with just under 100 miles range, so I plugged the cable in at lunchtime and set the departure time at 6am tomorrow with a 70% upper battery limit set using the e-Manager in the car. I'm sure I've done this successfully before. This evening it now shows 160 miles and near full charge on the dial, certainly way above 70%.

Anyone else had this happen? Possible cause?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,017 Posts
Check that all your charge locations in the car departure have the upper charge limit set the same. I used one in mine that was set to 100% (Away) and it charged to full straight away, whereas the one I usually use (Home) was set to 60%.

·
Registered
40 Posts
two checks
1) did you tick the box on emanager for that charging session to become active
2) as mentioned above did you press the delayed charge button in the charge bay (it might have been set to charge immediately which overrides any emanager settings)

always best just to watch the charge bay lights for a few seconds to see that they operate as you expect...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts