Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1381 - 1400 of 1478 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I hope you never have an armed burger in your house....
Dials 999 "Help someone has broken in to my house, I can here them downstairs"
Operator "Ok, we are sending round our health and safety advisor to do a risk assessment"
"what I could be attacked?"
"We are very sorry and do understand the issue but the "Rei" act from 2020 means we can't send anyone out without assessing the situation first"

How about you think about the worst outcome's from what you are asking for, life could become very dangerous as we don't all live in your world full of fluffy unicorns........
See, this is the kind of stupid response you always give. Obviously if you call 999 and report an armed intruder they will send armed officers. That has nothing to do with 100 cops turning out for some overtime in full riot gear with armoured vehicles, water cannons, chemical weapons (as determined by the UN), sonic weapons that damage your hearing, knives and guns and a desire to get some use of out them.

If you ever stop ranting we could have a serious discussion about this but all we ever get is this kind of nonsense from you. Give it a rest Andy, you are not contributing anything of value to this debate.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,021 Posts
Hey, how about this mad-crazy idea!....

before holding a demonstration, get the agreement of the land owner on whose land you propose to demonstrate, and let the police know there is a demonstration planned and what they would like seen done before hand, invite them to come, wearing roses.

I mean, like, err ... try not holding unlawful protests?

It seem strange to me, despite the libertarian that I am, that the ONLY discussions here are about police reaction to criminal behaviour.

Could we once see/discuss the police responding badly to legal behaviour?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,021 Posts
See, this is the kind of stupid response you always give. Obviously if you call 999 and report an armed intruder they will send armed officers.
But if you don't report 'that'....

(whispering) "There's someone got into our house downstairs, please send police officers at once"
"Is anyone expected?"
"Whaat? It's 2:30AM and we're an elderly couple living by ourselves!"
"Maybe it's the gas man, come to inspect."
"Eh? Wouldn't he use the front door?"
"Maybe you didn't hear him knock, you were asleep, right?"
"Look, I can hear them rattling the cupboards"
"Sure, he must be looking for the gas meter"
"Are you mad? Send someone!"
"Sir, please don't get irate. You have not seen anyone and you have not asked them what they are doing. What we can do is send someone soon, and they'll do a risk assessment for you, see if this person is who they say they are."
"They haven't said they are anyone! I have no intention of speaking with them!"
"Well, Sir, you see my problem then, if you are not prepared to help me and go find out who they are, then I can't do the risk assessment."
(in desparation, to get them to come out urgently) "They are armed!"
"Are, they, Sir, in the dark, you said you haven't seen them or spoken with them. Clearly you've just lied and are perverting the course of justice. You'll be reported and arrested."
"Fine, just come now and arrest me."
"Sorry, Sir, we have emergencies to attend to right now."
.. click...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
That has nothing to do with 100 cops turning out for some overtime in full riot gear with armoured vehicles, water cannons, chemical weapons (as determined by the UN), sonic weapons that damage your hearing, knives and guns and a desire to get some use of out them.
See, you're doing it again. Do you not appreciate the prejudice you show by these remarks and the offence they cause?

Innocent until proven guilty doesn't just apply to protesters you happen to agree with. It applies to everyone, including the police. You are always too quick to prosecute those you don't identify with.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
But if you don't report 'that'....

(whispering) "There's someone got into our house downstairs, please send police officers at once"
"Is anyone expected?"
"Whaat? It's 2:30AM and we're an elderly couple living by ourselves!"
"Maybe it's the gas man, come to inspect."
"Eh? Wouldn't he use the front door?"
"Maybe you didn't hear him knock, you were asleep, right?"
"Look, I can hear them rattling the cupboards"
"Sure, he must be looking for the gas meter"
"Are you mad? Send someone!"
"Sir, please don't get irate. You have not seen anyone and you have not asked them what they are doing. What we can do is send someone soon, and they'll do a risk assessment for you, see if this person is who they say they are."
"They haven't said they are anyone! I have no intention of speaking with them!"
"Well, Sir, you see my problem then, if you are not prepared to help me and go find out who they are, then I can't do the risk assessment."
(in desparation, to get them to come out urgently) "They are armed!"
"Are, they, Sir, in the dark, you said you haven't seen them or spoken with them. Clearly you've just lied and are perverting the course of justice. You'll be reported and arrested."
"Fine, just come now and arrest me."
"Sorry, Sir, we have emergencies to attend to right now."
.. click...
This is one of the stupidest things you have ever posted, and there's a lot of material to compare it with.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
See, you're doing it again. Do you not appreciate the prejudice you show by these remarks and the offence they cause?

Innocent until proven guilty doesn't just apply to protesters you happen to agree with. It applies to everyone, including the police. You are always too quick to prosecute those you don't identify with.
What are you ranting on about? This is all stuff the police happily admit to. They use tear gas, classified as a chemical weapon by the UN. They use sonic weapons that damage your hearing and have been sued over it. They use armoured vehicles some of them ex-military.

This isn't even a new thing. For years there have been complaints about the militarisation of the police in the US. You can just google it and see articles going back a couple of decades. There are hundreds of cases of police brutality and excessive force. I posted a link about 70 cases of choking people to death just yesterday. I'm not prosecuting anyone, the courts already did and their failure is why people are protesting.

What planet do you live on?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,388
Radios work better.
Could a more active use of whistles encourage public engagement and facilitate common understanding? :unsure:

Radios are quiet. Police voices are either intercepted, or encrypted. Radios are scanned for during counter-intelligence operations. Being quiet and secretive encourages distrust. Radios are inconsistent with distinctive police uniforms, sirens, lights and painted cars. What are your thoughts?

You are always too quick to prosecute those you don't identify with.
I would be surprised if any of us did not subconsciously do this. Our biological dependency on adrenalin creates a natural opposition between being calm and courageous, which are the dependencies of introspection and honesty.

Our universal deficiency in this space explain why our vocabularies include the word "sorry".

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,389

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
'My 30-year struggle with racism in the Metropolitan police'

Shabnam Chaudhri rose to become one of the Met's most senior female Asian officers, but she says she was unfairly treated throughout her career because of her ethnicity. Her experience highlights concerns about the treatment of BAME officers in the UK that have persisted for years.

"They used to call me the 'Bounty'. On one occasion an officer grabbed hold of me, put a weapon to my head and said, 'Everybody stop or the Paki gets it.'

One of the recommendations of the report, which labelled the Metropolitan Police "institutionally racist", was that officers were to undergo racism awareness training. But after one of these sessions Chaudhri complained that an officer had mispronounced "Shi'ites" to make a bad-taste joke, and referred to Muslim headwear as "tea cosies".

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,391
... after one of these sessions Chaudhri complained that an officer had mispronounced "Shi'ites" to make a bad-taste joke, and referred to Muslim headwear as "tea cosies"
Clearly one session is insufficient. It should probably be mandated that they pass an exam.

·
Super Moderator
6,274 Posts
See, this is the kind of stupid response you always give. Obviously if you call 999 and report an armed intruder they will send armed officers. That has nothing to do with 100 cops turning out for some overtime in full riot gear with armoured vehicles, water cannons, chemical weapons (as determined by the UN), sonic weapons that damage your hearing, knives and guns and a desire to get some use of out them.

If you ever stop ranting we could have a serious discussion about this but all we ever get is this kind of nonsense from you. Give it a rest Andy, you are not contributing anything of value to this debate.
So its alright for the police to believe you without a second thought but to turn up to a rally with 10'000 people in with no back up is not alright......

You are the one ranting, you are not prepared to except any view but your own and will happily send the police into a situation that could at any second turn violent with no way to protect themselves. Your views are as far from realistic as its possible to get and if you stood back and looked at what you say would understand why most people think what you say is racist.......

Its you that needs to give it a rest......

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Obviously if you call 999 and report an armed intruder they will send armed officers. That has nothing to do with 100 cops turning out for some overtime in full riot gear with armoured vehicles, water cannons, chemical weapons (as determined by the UN), sonic weapons that damage your hearing, knives and guns and a desire to get some use of out them.
You forgot WMD's and Nukes, but you did answer your own point:
See, this is the kind of stupid response you always give.
referred to Muslim headwear as "tea cosies".
Everybody knows they are tea towels, not tea cozies.... Oh, no , thats Arabs, not Muslims...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
So its alright for the police to believe you without a second thought but to turn up to a rally with 10'000 people in with no back up is not alright......
Come back when you have read the thread properly.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have nothing but admiration for the 99.9% of (UK) police who perform their duties within the law and heavy regulation. Now, in addition, constant attack from elements of the media and Twitterists.
None of them should be placed in harms way without adequate numbers in support or appropriate equipment, just to avoid offending protesters, thugs, or the media.
The other 0.1% will sooner or later be flushed out and leave, be sacked, or receive 're-training' as necessary. There is far too an intense focus on this for it not to happen. But, it may take some time.
Better that, than a knee-jerk reaction to pacify the whiners.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I have nothing but admiration for the 99.9% of (UK) police who perform their duties within the law and heavy regulation.
The old "a few bad eggs" argument. If it was just a few then the others would force them out, get them prosecuted wouldn't they? Instead they close ranks and protect each other which makes them all guilty.

It's been over 20 years since the Stephen Lawrence enquiry found the Met to be institutionally racist. Later an investigation into corruption started by Theresa May described its findings as "devastating". This is what the protests are about and you are hell bent on not listening to them.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I'm sure there will be massive outrage and protests about the latest shootings in 'CHOP'. Or perhaps it will just get brushed under the carpet. Will these lives matter as much as other lives?

A 16 year black teenager shot dead.

A 14 year old black teenager in critical condition.

These kids were unarmed. Perhaps the 'CHOP' private security should have been defunded.

"The violence occurred just over a week after another shooting in the zone, dubbed CHOP, left a 19-year-old man dead and a 33-year-old man wounded.
“Enough is enough,” Best told reporters. “We need to be able to get back into the area.”"

Seattle CHOP zone armed 'security' killed black teen driver, 16, and wound 14-year-old passenger when they opened fire on their Jeep as it approached barricades at 3am - but protesters inside cop-free area claim they acted in self-defense

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The old "a few bad eggs" argument. If it was just a few then the others would force them out, get them prosecuted wouldn't they? Instead they close ranks and protect each other which makes them all guilty.

It's been over 20 years since the Stephen Lawrence enquiry found the Met to be institutionally racist. Later an investigation into corruption started by Theresa May described its findings as "devastating". This is what the protests are about and you are hell bent on not listening to them.
Yep, that argument. Valid because there are two issues to be addressed. The first is the few 'bad apples' and the second the issue of institutional 'bias'.
I am guessing you advocate dealing with the second issue first. Removing the 'race' card will probably help. It is not only a question of colour, but ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, status, bank balance,and a dozen other things. We are so driven by being "pc" that we cannot have an open conversation about any of this. We need to solve that first by everyone being grown up and not afraid to use a 'bad' word in a positive context to explore their thoughts and feelings.
Like it or not, the police generally do a good job in sometimes impossible circumstances, so lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater. The law is the law and should be applied without fear or favour. The police are there to uphold and enforce the law, nothing more. Especially not make the law. The police must be shown respect, and instructions given in the execution of their duty should be followed. At the minute there are far too many who feel that the law does not apply to them, or that by playing their 'bias' card, they can get away with anything. That applies equally to Masons, coke dealers, and rioters.
How do you actually propose we should achieve all of this?
All you seem to advocate is defunding the police, or better still scrapping it completely and allowing all black people to commit whatever crime they like without prosecution to repay the debt they are owed by 200+ years of 'persecution' by a white majority that has done nothing whatsoever to improve their lot.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I'm sure there will be massive outrage and protests about the latest shootings in 'CHOP'. Or perhaps it will just get brushed under the carpet. Will these lives matter as much as other lives?
It is self evident that BL Don't M when it is black on black killings. The most worrying thing is Best saying 'We need to be able to get back into the area.' The police should not need to seek permission to reinstate the rule of law.

The same applies in the UK. Turf war killings are becoming increasingly commonplace.

Unless the killings can be manipulated to indicate either police brutality, or police not doing anthing because 'we're black', they are just accpeted and written off as a part of daily life. Very sad.

1381 - 1400 of 1478 Posts