Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to use the USB data port both for plugging in my phone to use Android Auto but also sometimes for plugging in a USB stick full of music files.

Does anyone know if the USB data port in Kia cars (mine is a Soul EV) is capable of powering a multi USB port adaptor, and can the head unit then see both connections?

Anyone have any recommendations as to one they use successfully for the same purpose?

Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes I know... it won't work. Tried it... when you have a USB hub, there is a device added (called a USB hub) between the port and what you plug into your hub.

The car does not see a memory stick directly attached and refuses to look further...

Greg

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know... it won't work. Tried it... when you have a USB hub, there is a device added (called a USB hub) between the port and what you plug into your hub.

The car does not see a memory stick directly attached and refuses to look further...

Greg
Oh, somewhat disappointing. Thanks for the response though - saved me the frustration of buying an adaptor and finding it to be useless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts