Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been asked, but a search hasn't yielded the results.

Coming from a VAG vehicle, I presumed that I could just insert my microSD into a reader, plug that into the the Kona's USB slot and....go. Apparently not.

To put you in the picture, I was using a 256gb microSD with 5 folders containing around 900 folders each.

The old car had no issues with this, and would allow voice playback of all the files contained (approx 25000 files).

The Kona really doesn't like this, and I'm getting weird errors and such.

Can anyone advise the best way to structure an SD card/USB stick to contain the most music in a logical and user-friendly way? Thanks!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Cannot help with the question as I just stream all my music from my phone.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,801 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I will just add. Be aware the USB socket on the car remains live when the vehicle is powered off. If you leave the music card/reader plugged in, this can result in a dead 12 Volt battery as some of the cars modules will not go to sleep properly. Again, I just stream music from my mobile phone.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
716 Posts
I wonder if it's an issue with having them on an SD card which is then in a usb reader?
Does having them on a normal usb stick instead make any difference? I have a 32gb one in mine but it only has about 4500 tracks, so maybe it is simply too many files?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts