Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, as a new owner I will be leaning on you guys for support as I come across problems with my new 2012 Ampera.

The first problem I have is that I cannot get the USB to work. I am plugging in to the socket adjacent to the AUX input. (mentioning this as I am not sure if there is more than 1 USB)

I have formatted on a Windows 10 machine to FAT32, and from memory, allocation size set 32K but have tried all of the other allocation sizes too/combinations.
Physically the socket appears in excellent condition, and I can get by loading files by other means, but I'd like to get to the bottom of it.
I've tried numerous USB flash drives, capacity & brand (Sandisk, Kingston, Lexar etc, 4, 8,16,32Gb)
I am surprised I have not been able to get it working as I can see others that had problems resolved by trying other makes of drives and settings

Hope someone can advise

Many thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can pop the socket out quite easily and inspect it closely for damage. I have repaired mine in the past due to damage. They are easily damaged due to the poor location.

Search for previous threads on the subject. It has been recommend many times to use the tiny SanDisk drives that do not stick out far and thus not get subjected to items being dropped on them!

Cheers,
Jim

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim, thank you .
It doesn't appear to be damaged externally, therefore am I wrong to assume damage may be inside. Or do you think the soldered contacts inside are dry/poor caused by mechanical strain? I know its getting power but it could be bad + & - data connections. I can take a look later. Thanks again - appreciated!!
USB_Aux.jpg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I tried to get the housing off yesterday, albeit with 2 kitchen utensils. . It moved a little leaving the PCBA in its original position.
I am very able but what a struggle. I'm sure I will manage at my second attempt, one way or the other.
I came across another component. Someone here will know what it is...
Battery disconnect maybe? 20170608_205619.jpg

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts