Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how the usb video works? I assumed it would be just a matter of plugging in usb and then we could watch videos on the screen. What am I missing?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I got the manual out. It said video was detailed in another manual.
I've just tried it in mine and it works a treat. Just plug in the USB and select MEDIA. Press MENU at the top and select USB VIDEO and just select the video you want to watch. I'm now putting together a USB of favourite programs to watch while charging. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just tried it in mine and it works a treat. Just plug in the USB and select MEDIA. Press MENU at the top and select USB VIDEO and just select the video you want to watch. I'm now putting together a USB of favourite programs to watch while charging. :)
And so I loaded some videos onto USB sticks - and they run just fine. MOV, AVI, DIVX all just fine. Interesting I played an episode of Black Adder and I then started the car and drove off. The screen went black but the sound continued to work. Good entertainment listening to great comedy whilst driving. Every time the car came to a halt up came the screen again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
And so I loaded some videos onto USB sticks - and they run just fine. MOV, AVI, DIVX all just fine. Interesting I played an episode of Black Adder and I then started the car and drove off. The screen went black but the sound continued to work. Good entertainment listening to great comedy whilst driving. Every time the car came to a halt up came the screen again.
Is this a 2020 MY feature on the 10" infotainment? I'm guessing it is because I've not heard of it before.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this a 2020 MY feature on the 10" infotainment? I'm guessing it is because I've not heard of it before.
I got my car (or rather my wife got her car?!?!) a month or so ago. So perhaps it may be a new feature.

I have now started loading videos onto a stack of old USB sticks, numbering each of them so I know what videos are on them. Can't wait to find myself at a charging point and able to watch a video whilst charging.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I got my car (or rather my wife got her car?!?!) a month or so ago. So perhaps it may be a new feature.

I have now started loading videos onto a stack of old USB sticks, numbering each of them so I know what videos are on them. Can't wait to find myself at a charging point and able to watch a video whilst charging.
Me too. I've got my Dr Who videos lined up ready to watch. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
After testing... it doesn't work on a 2019. How disappointing.
Perhaps it will come with a software update?

(Probably not)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope so because it's a good selling feature, similar to streaming Netflix in the Teslas.
Indeed. There is no loss of business to Hyundai by providing this as an ugrade, imo. On the other hand upgrading would show how good a company they are.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Indeed. There is no loss of business to Hyundai by providing this as an ugrade, imo. On the other hand upgrading would show how good a company they are.
The new 10" head unit probably has an upgraded processor or GPU in it that does video decoding. Offering the newer software as an upgrade to the existing 8" models may result in a poor quality experience or not work at all.

So I am not hopeful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts