Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Of course, this is one situation that gives a justification for fitting an untethered EVSE in the first place. If you need a longer cable for an unseen reason (like buying a second EV) then you just buy a longer cable. That's exactly what we did. And we bought another cable for use with the EVSE in the first place to avoid getting one in and out of the car for each charge. [Our EVSE is in the garage so cable theft is not an issue.]

how much to sell the Fiat (currently high demand for vehicles) and buy another one in a years time? Less space on your drive, don't pay for the years depreciation while not being used, don't need another cable.
There's definitely a big demand for nearly new EVs. Just had the Nissan dealer phone me yesterday, 6months into a pcp on my pre registered Leaf offering me a great deal on a 71reg Tekna (not pre registered) for £300 deposit and an extra £36/month on the repayments.

There's definitely a big demand for nearly new EVs. Just had the Nissan dealer phone me yesterday, 6months into a pcp on my pre registered Leaf offering me a great deal on a 71reg Tekna (not pre registered) for £300 deposit and an extra £36/month on the repayments.
That's fine, but you could end up with less equity in the deal and your contract period extended by 6 months. That may not be what you want with all the new cars coming out.

It is exactly what I did 18 months ago, but now I'm looking at another 18 months under contract with a car that is worth less than I owe (just now) and lots of attractive cars coming out from other manufacturers giving me a problem of how best to terminate the lease I have now.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.